It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-17-2007   #1 (permalink)
hair_chewer

Default Is it bad to give a dog cat food?

Is it bad to give a dog cat food?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-17-2007   #2 (permalink)
wigglemommyof3

A vet will say yes.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-17-2007   #3 (permalink)
glw

one or two times probably won't hurt the dog. But in general, you should give him dog food. Cat food is more expensive anyway.

Unread 04-17-2007   #4 (permalink)
Crouching Cheese

No, of course not. Cat food is specially formulated for the nutrients cats need. Dog food has special things that dogs need, but cats don't. Cat food can't possibly give a dog all of the nutrition that they need.

Unread 04-17-2007   #5 (permalink)
James S

I not sure if it is but you do pay more for the cat food then you would for dog food. I also think in wouldn't have the nitration that the dog needs.

Unread 04-17-2007   #6 (permalink)
mike n bianca o

yes, and i think it may be fatal.

Unread 04-17-2007   #7 (permalink)
Monique R

It is if you do it on a consistent basis. Dogs are omnivores - they eat veggies fruits and meat. Cats are carnivores by nature. Now that said, my cat will eat potato chips Because cat food is designed for carnivores and not omnivores, the cat food will not contain all the necessary nutrition for a healthy dog. Likewise, dog food does not have enough meat for cats.Please be very careful when you're choosing your food right now. This is a list of recalled pet food http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/petfood.htmlIt's huge, and very scary.

Unread 04-17-2007   #8 (permalink)
subhuman

yes...certain pet food has certain thing for each kind of dog....cat food might contain something that a dogs stomach cannot handle

Unread 04-17-2007   #9 (permalink)
freddie freeloader

what is a "dog-cat"? i've never heard of that beforebut i'm sure it's okay to give it food

Unread 04-17-2007   #10 (permalink)
PuppiesRmyWorld

Yes, It gives dogs too much fat, protein, and nutrition levels are different in cats than dogs. This makes it unhealthy to their diet. Cats eat meat in nature and so their food is designed for a carnivore. Because cat food is designed for meat eaters and not omnivores (dogs), the cat food will not have all the nutrition a healthy dog needs.

Tags
car , cat , cat food , cats , diet , dog , dogs , food , healthy , hey , hurt , kitten , nutrition , pet , pet food , scary , vet

Sponsored Cat Links