It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-17-2007   #1 (permalink)
synable

Default Best cat food brand?

What cat food brand do you think is the healthiest, most natural, least chemical, that is decently priced? I know IAMS is supposed to be good, but it's pretty expensive. Thanks. (these are for almost one year old cats btw)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-17-2007   #2 (permalink)
Mya

Iams and also Eukanuba are great dog/cat foods in general. If you're looking for a cheaper find anywhere cat food I would say Purina is pretty good. Cats do not have as sensitive digestive systems and so the quality of the food honestly doesn't matter as much.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-17-2007   #3 (permalink)
Wayne P

Personally, I feed my cats Nutro. I have a cat that's almost a year old and I feed her Nutro kitten. I also have 2 other cats that are about 5 and 10. It's not the cheapest, but it's probably going to save you in vet bills in the long run. It was recommended to me by my vet if that helps and you can find it at Petsmart.

Unread 04-18-2007   #4 (permalink)
Michael

If there's anything this pet food recall has tought us, it's that a lot of these "premium" brands are no better than Friskies and company.The holy grail is a pet food that is manufactured by the company (as opposed to outsourced to someone like Menu Foods) but doesn't contain meat byproduct. A lot of these pet foods contain meat from questionable sources... not human grade but fit for consumption by animals. Personally I don't want to be feeding my pet ingredients that a human wouldn't be willing to eat.I'm looking for something new as well, after discovering that my favorite pet brand (Merrick) also owns a rendering plant next door. Right now Natural Balance looks good. My cats also enjoy Wellness, but beware that some of their wet food is produced by Menu Foods.

Tags
bills , cat , cat food , cats , dog , food , great , joy , kitten , mat , natural , pet , pet food , petsmart , save , smart , vet , vet bills , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links