It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-18-2007   #1 (permalink)
Kittygonecrazy

Default What is the best brand of cat food for my cat/kitten?

I've heard that some food can actually cause urinary problems and other things, i definately want to avoid this! Also is wet or dry better? or should I feed both? My kitten is 8 weeks old right now

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-18-2007   #2 (permalink)
L K

i like chicken i like liver moew mix moew mix please dilever!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-18-2007   #3 (permalink)
cmp

When i had some kittens I found the best is 'Whiskers' brand as they have a specific range just for kittens.

Unread 04-18-2007   #4 (permalink)
Sysilia

purina that is the only kind of food u are supposed to feed them right now!

Unread 04-18-2007   #5 (permalink)
CC_Boobcock

Depends what your cat was weaned onto. Go for dry food that has the urinary health mark on the package. Don't buy cheap supermarket stuff cause it's full of colours and preservatives. Get a food that has Chicken or Beef as the first ingredience listed on the back. Don't chose one with meat by products as they generaly don't have the right nutrients for your cat.These are good ones that you can purchase from most pet shops and vets.EukanubaIAMSScientific DietAs well as dry food add a little fresh chicken cooked with no bones or some tuna everynow and then.Canned or Wet food is 80% water so your paying mostly for water.

Unread 04-18-2007   #6 (permalink)
dreamkillerkitten

I have always fed my cats dry food all my life. I have 5 adult males ( one is an outdoor feral that adopted us over a year ago) and they all eat dry food only ( on a 3 times a day feeding schedule). They do get Sheba wet cat food once or twice a week, if at all. I use wet food as a special 'treat'. Same with my outdoor cat. As far as brands go, I feed them Felidae cat and kitten formula. Its an all natural hollistic cat food, that is made from all human grade ingrediants. None of the crap like wheat and corn gluetens. Thats what ended up getting re-called!! My cats do EXCELLENT on Felidae, although its quite the $$ from the pocket. Its worth those extra bucks to keep them strong and healthy in their aging years!! ( my cats are 8,6,6,3 and the outdoor is about 2) Some other good foods are Wellness,Natural Balance ( be careful with that one though, it can upset some kitty tummies ) and Royal Cat ( i think its called ) are some good brands. Most of those can be found at Petsmart/Petco. Felidae and Wellness are more likely to be found at a specialty pet store.Good Luck!

Unread 04-18-2007   #7 (permalink)
Hanna

I used IAMS it helps their digestion and they poop less. Whatever you do use dry catfood because with wet food comes wet and slimy poop.

Unread 04-18-2007   #8 (permalink)
Melanie C

when my cat was a kitten i give her allways Whiskers, thats the best food.

Unread 04-18-2007   #9 (permalink)
Animalsforeva

what ever Brand you choose make sure it is white meat Red meat is too strong for them you can also give them Vegtables

Tags
adopted , adult , cat , cat food , cats , dry , dry food , feral , food , found , health , healthy , hey , kitten , kittens , kitty , natural , outdoor , pet , petsmart , poop , problems , royal , smart , upset , water , weaned , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links