It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-18-2007   #1 (permalink)
Robin W

Default Is it okay for me to feed my cats table scraps instead of cat food?

I've been giving them tuna with eggs, or ham with cheese, when I was feeding them cat food they got sick so I stopped feeding them cat food. Has anyone eles done this?Cat food was making them feel sick...I'm worried about what people are putting in cat food. With all these recalls.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-18-2007   #2 (permalink)
gogirl

I would not advise feeding your cat table foods for too long. This can lead to problems such and overweight, digestion problems, and a whole lot more. Cat food is the best choice for, well, a cat!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-18-2007   #3 (permalink)
red_rkt

My brother swears by cat food only....he says that table food makes the cat poop smell worse and makes it soft.....I do recommend calling your vet....that is if they become bloated, and get the runs....i would just watch them and what sort of table scraps you feed them....

Unread 04-18-2007   #4 (permalink)
Jezabel

There are nutrients in cat food that cats need. Try switching brands to see if it helps. When in doubt, consult your vet.

Unread 04-18-2007   #5 (permalink)
Kati B

There are certain things in cat food they cannot get in people food. For instance, bone meal. You have to pretty much order that online, but everything else is available at the grocers. There are several recipes available online if you google.

Unread 04-18-2007   #6 (permalink)
Yuna Zanarkand

I have two cats. Yes my cats refuse his canned food sometimes. I think they are just sick of it. So i bought a cat book from the book store that comes with recipe. basically what was written there was, u can feed them spaghetti, vegetables, fish, chicken, beef etc. But not when u mixed them with salt. I tried not to feed them with food mixed with salt but they too have taste bud and i spoiled them royally so yeah, i gave them what i eat sometimes (not all the time). At the same time i watch their health. The rationale behind salt intake on cats i think has to do with the UTI problem among cats. Too much of this, they will have problem urinating. it could be painful watching them in pain. So my recipes for my cats are non salted boiled beef/steamed fish/boiled chicken breasts/canned food of different varieties. I would swap their menu for breakfast, lunch, dinner etc. If they refused canned food i will stop giving it for two days, feed them shredded chicken/beef/lamb etc. instead. Then after 2 days, they kind of want the canned food back. Try it.

Tags
bloated , book , canned food , cat , cat food , cat poop , cats , fish , food , health , hey , overweight , poop , problem , problems , recalls , sick , smell , stop , uti , vet

Sponsored Cat Links