It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-18-2007   #1 (permalink)
Cornholio

Default Homemade cat food?

I don't trust any of the pet food brands left on the shelves. It seems the recall keeps expanding. Does anyone have a good recipe for homemade cat food? I want to use human grade fresh food and make a months supply at a time so that it can be frozen.Oh, and my cat is on a reduced calorie diet. Thanks.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-18-2007   #2 (permalink)
kinkerspaz

use low fat/soduim tuna and salmon. i know the recalls are friggin getting rediculus. and tuna has none of that rediculous additives they put in cat food. go to pet smart and get supliment vitaman liquid to add to kittys water for added health.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-18-2007   #3 (permalink)
can't say

Do some research on it first. Here's some great articles to guide you.http://cats.about.com/od/homeprepare...s.htmPreparing your own food may do more harm than good. Cats have certain nutritional needs that need to be met in order to keep them healthy. Commercial cat food has taurine and all the necessary things in it that cats need to stay healthy.You could also consider a commercial frozen raw food diet, or just buy a high quality commercial cat food that has high protein, low or no grains, no corn, no soy, no wheat, no by-products or chemical preservatives.

Unread 04-18-2007   #4 (permalink)
countrygalbr549

i would ask your vet and then also try looking it up on the net.good luck

Unread 04-18-2007   #5 (permalink)
lilmariposa02

if you're going to make food for your cat, you need to go to a vet and have them tell you what's right for your specific cat. animals aren't supposed to eat human food. there are stores that you can go to to buy "animal friendly" foods, but you can't just serve them anything, just because it seems to make sense. you could make your cat sick. plus, i've never heard of freezing cat foods. that's new to me. anyway, there are still lots of foods you can buy that haven't been recalled. good luck.

Unread 04-18-2007   #6 (permalink)
Mitra

you can make chicken(or red meat) with vegetables(such as carrot ,tomato,onion) i also use potato or pasta for my cat! but it seems that your cat is on diet! and then you can mix it in blender !

Unread 04-18-2007   #7 (permalink)
Gunner R

It is rare for veterinarians to have spent much time studying nutrition, so they typically will recommend a brand of kibble rather than a good diet. Cats are carnivores and evolved to eat whole fresh raw prey--there is no better diet you can feed than that. It is not hard to do either, and there are very knowledgeable people available to help.

Tags
car , cat , cat food , cats , commercial , diet , food , friendly , great , guide , health , healthy , hey , nutrition , pet , pet food , rare , raw , recalls , sick , smart , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links