It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-18-2007   #1 (permalink)
andyruss

Default what is the best brand food to give a cat?

what is the best brand food to give a cat?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-18-2007   #2 (permalink)
Keira

sheba looks rather fancy!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-18-2007   #3 (permalink)
belshawdavid

dont feed cats, let them starve as they are worthless creatures

Unread 04-18-2007   #4 (permalink)
Louis Junior

Whiskers. 8 out of 10 cats prefer it (apparently!)

Unread 04-19-2007   #5 (permalink)
something_fishy

InnovaFelindaeTriumph other organic food brands.

Unread 04-19-2007   #6 (permalink)
RickinAlaska

There is no "best" brand. After the menu foods crisis it has come to light that many of these "brands" are from the same factory. I would choose a brand that is not on any recall list.

Unread 04-19-2007   #7 (permalink)
bubblehead_hw

not an off brand cause they aren't of the best quality but not a really high priced one because they offer some of the same things other food does for a much higher price just cause the name. Find a food thats not too pricy or too not too cheap, not an off brand but not too good of a brand that offers the same ingredients as others. Try Fancy Feast or Purina or Meow Mix or Whiskas but not IAMS or off brand.

Unread 04-19-2007   #8 (permalink)
bluesgirl95

I can't tell you what to feed your cats, because my choice may not be your preference, but I can tell you that buying premium foods is worth the extra $$. Don't buy any food made with whole grain corn and by-products. Premium foods may cost more, but in the long run, they last longer because your cat gets full on less food. Compare it to you eating a whole bag of chips or a healthy food, which is going to fill you up? And how well do we digest corn? Also, the mess is less in the litter box, and they go less. I feed mine Science Diet Light Hairball formula because the other foods were making one of them puke all the time. This hairball formula has cut that down to none. Before that they were on regular Science Diet. I never recommend wet food, never ever. Good choices are Purina Pro Plan, (Purina makes many foods, but Pro Plan is the only premium formula) & Science Diet. I am not a fan of Iams.

Unread 04-19-2007   #9 (permalink)
susie b

wouldn't worry about brands they change their minds on what they like and dislike. We keep alternating brands.

Unread 04-19-2007   #10 (permalink)
catcountess

IMO, the best brand is Nature's Variety. I have 8 years experience in the pet food industry and have researched ALL the brands. I recommend Raw Instinct, a grain free dry cat food made by Nature's Variety, and also their Freeze Dried diets which come in Chicken & Turkey, Venison, Beef, and Lamb. My cat is EXTREMELY fussy and has digestive issues also and he is doing very well on this brand.Their website is www.naturesvariety.com

Tags
box , cat , cat food , cats , crisis , cut , diet , dry , dry food , eating , food , free , healthy , hey , litter , litter box , meow , mess , pet , pet food , raw , turkey , water , wet food , worry

Sponsored Cat Links