It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-20-2007   #1 (permalink)
luckauto star

Default Why don't they sell cat food containing pork?

Is it unhealthy for cats to eat meat from pigs?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-20-2007   #2 (permalink)
cheryl b official

Pork Kills Animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-20-2007   #3 (permalink)
киска

pork will make dog and cat hair fall out, it is actually a very unhealthy meet for them.

Unread 04-20-2007   #4 (permalink)
gair_2

so as they don't make a pig of themselves!!

Unread 04-20-2007   #5 (permalink)
srracvuee

If Its Unhealthy For Cats What Are Our Chances?

Unread 04-20-2007   #6 (permalink)
free711206

No ,they can eat pork meat but fresh not in sheet cat food.Normal food for the cats is all kinds fresh meat.But in oven or boiled.Cat food making cats life too short.Normally they live 20-25 years.With cat food no more than 5-7 years.Believe me I have at home 15 cats.

Unread 04-20-2007   #7 (permalink)
luluswifey4eva

YES!!!!! Pork foods contain certain bacterias that are bad (for animals) and may cause worms. In the wild, many animals build up an immunity to these bacterias becasue they are exposed to them all of their lives. Even well cooked pork may make your pet sick. Talk to your veterinarian if you have questions about what to feed your pet.

Unread 04-20-2007   #8 (permalink)
Melvyn K

it is a myth that pork will harm cats and dogs the reason you dont feed your pets pork is the after effects severe smelly flatulence in other words stinking farts

Unread 04-20-2007   #9 (permalink)
Doodlestuff

I always wondered that myself. The majority of folks with cats over the age of 25 have always fed the cats sausage (made from pork) as a primary staple. It is no harder for a cat to digest pork than beef unless it's ham or bacon, which has nitrates. I would guess it's because there isn't any leftover product from pork production.You too can make sausage for your cats. I just buy the store fresh sausage that has the least spice in it and no nitrates, and cook it completely. Let it cool and feed.

Tags
age , cat , cat food , cats , cool , dog , dogs , food , healthy , hey , home , pet , sick , wild

Sponsored Cat Links