It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-20-2007   #1 (permalink)
fallen_angel_810

Default My cat vomits when I feed her Meow Mix wet food?

She eats and even sometimes vomits back into her bowl. Does anyone know what could cause this or has anyone had the same problem?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-20-2007   #2 (permalink)
NAQ

meow mix is crappy cat food. get a better brand.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-20-2007   #3 (permalink)
ChargedIon

I don't know what would cause it but you should probably stop feeding it to her. I only feed my cats Royal Canin dry food...it was recommended by the breeder. Never had problems with it and they love it

Unread 04-20-2007   #4 (permalink)
captflapdoodle

Buy Wysong

Unread 04-21-2007   #5 (permalink)
catherine s

Since Meow Mix is NOT on the petfood recall list, I would suspect possibly a hairball. Give her a hairball remedy you can find at the pet store. If it persists or you see other problems, like moping around and being super lazy or if she has diarhea, then take her to the vet immediately. Also, maybe you feed her too much? Usually cats will only eat what they can hold, but not always. Maybe there is something in the food that her system does not like. Sounds like it happens often, so my first thought is hairball, my second is to see a vet.

Unread 04-21-2007   #6 (permalink)
Suzie

Why would you keep feeding her the meow mix, if she throws up? Change her food to a better one like innova cat food!

Unread 04-21-2007   #7 (permalink)
vivianna

Take her to the vet and have her checked out. Feed her regular human grade canned chicken and see if she has the same problem. It could be food allergies or something worse. She may be suffering from FIV. Feline immune virus. Or check the food list for menu foods it could be contaminated food that she may have eaten and you don't know it.

Unread 04-21-2007   #8 (permalink)
Dexter

My cat has been doing that since the age of 6.She still does it but it seems to get better for a while after she ate some grass.And i think its something to do with their stomachs that is too full.

Unread 04-21-2007   #9 (permalink)
L Lawliet

It is possible that she is allergic to one of the ingredients; I recommend switching brands to one that does not have wheat gluten. If she keeps getting sick, take her to a vet. Best of luck.~L

Unread 04-21-2007   #10 (permalink)
Mae D

Meow Mix is part of the pet food recall (pet food nationwide is poisoned in case you didnt know) and I also agree with another person who answered--it's a very cheap, very bad food for your cat. So, your cat could be poisoned or it could just hate the food.Your better off feeding it raw food or going to evangersdogfood.com and getting their wet food.

Tags
age , allergic , allergies , breeder , cat , cat food , cats , dry , dry food , fiv , food , hey , lazy , love , meow , person , pet , pet food , problem , problems , raw , royal , sick , stop , vet , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links