It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Health & Nutrition
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-20-2007   #1 (permalink)
YoopdieDoopdieDo!

Default Does spaying/neutring a cat affect its mental health? Does it go crazy because it...

...can't get any? Could it make the cat more aggressive?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-20-2007   #2 (permalink)
AlternativeToLove

Wouldnt it make you?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-20-2007   #3 (permalink)
Mark G

The opposite is true. Neutered animals usually become more passive and less aggressive.

Unread 04-21-2007   #4 (permalink)
kaptain_pinky

Actually, NOT having your animal spayed or neutered can make them more aggressive.. because of sexual tension and what-not.Getting them fixed can calm them down... not to mention it decreases their chances of running away to look for a mate.

Unread 04-21-2007   #5 (permalink)
therealterry

It depends on the animal how they will react. Conventional wisdom is they will calm down and become less aggressive, however, I have a male cat that after being neutered did not slow down a bit. Even after a year and half he still acts like a kitten, running around like crazy and pouncing on the female older cat we have. He does not try to engage in any sexual activity though, just general wrestling.

Unread 04-21-2007   #6 (permalink)
Theresa C

Neither one of my female cats in my home is fixed but my boyfriend is taking his cat in to be fixed. I don't have the heart to do that to my kitty though. The way I see it is if I wouldn't want someone doing it to me without my consent then I'm not going to do it to my cat..with the exception that they are rarely allowed outside. Only because my kitty is so tiny I don't want her having kittens. She hasn't tried running away yet and I've had her 5& a 1/2 yrs.

Tags
aggressive , animal , boyfriend , calm , cat , cats , crazy , female , fixed , health , hey , home , kitten , kittens , kitty , male , passive , spayed

Sponsored Cat Links