It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-22-2007   #1 (permalink)
gigi726

Default i recently switched my cat from wet to dry food. i slowly introduced it,...

...and she was eating it.? but now, she's really not eating very much. is this normal?since i switch to only dry, i fill her bowl up in the morning, and 12 hours later, more than half is still there, and she's acting hungry. do they eat less dry food? will she learn to like it or should i switch? she's 7 months.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-22-2007   #2 (permalink)
guppy girl

with dry food, cats come and go as the please, i feed my cat wet and dry food. She eats the wet up like that, but the dry we keep out all the time...she comes and eats some, then goes away. 30 min later she comes...takes a couple of nibbles, then goes away....So i would say your cat's behaivor is completely normal...As long as she's eating some its ok....if this doesn't help...i would check with your vet, just in case. good luck!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-22-2007   #3 (permalink)
rainy_creek_blazer

You need to feed your cat both wet food and dry food for them to have a balanced diet. It's incredibly important that you cat eats meat which is a bit hard to put in kibble form. I cannot stress how important it is for your cat to eat wet food. Make sure the dry food you're giving your cat doesn't have too much corn, cornmeal, etc. in it - it's not necessarily good for your cat, but is in high doses in most foods. Make sure you are getting dry food with DHA which helps brain development. Cats tend to be very finicky eats - try switching the dry food. If you're still having trouble, take her to the vet to make sure she's not having problems. This link provides more information on why cats need both wet AND dry food.

cats.about.com

Unread 04-22-2007   #4 (permalink)
vixen_with_velocity

I agree with the vet tech above me (i think it was sarah?) If you only feed wet food, your cats teeth will eventually become a problem which can actually take years off her life in the long run!! It was smart to switch to dry food. You can CAN get adequate nutrition from a dry food, but it depends on the brand of dry food. I HIGHLY recommend Wellness or Solid Gold brands. They are holistic and contain high amounts of protien which your can needs and also contains no fillers like the grocery store brands. I myself am in a vet tech/labe animal tech program and am graduating in a month. I garantee you will have a healthier cat with a holistic brand. And dont worry to much if your cat doesnt eat all the food out of the bowl. If she is hungary, she will eat!

Unread 04-22-2007   #5 (permalink)
bry

keep her on wet/dry food or wet dry food... for a little bit... please for the cat.

Tags
animal , cat , cat's , cats , diet , dry , dry food , eating , food , hey , morning , not eating , nutrition , problem , problems , smart , stress , vet , wet food , worry

Sponsored Cat Links