It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-22-2007   #1 (permalink)
David

Default Could Humans Exist On Eating Cat Food?

Could Humans Exist On Eating Cat Food?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-22-2007   #2 (permalink)
zan j

No it doesnt have all that we need

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-22-2007   #3 (permalink)
CautiousNorm.

You want Fries with that ?

Unread 04-22-2007   #4 (permalink)
mom4972

\have you seen some of the cat foods that are out now? some of them look better than people food. and yes humans could exist on eating cat food. it has vitamins in it. i hope no one ever has to live off of cat food, i know i don't want to, but it won't hurt you.

Unread 04-22-2007   #5 (permalink)
ejackson0723

nutritionally? yes

Unread 04-22-2007   #6 (permalink)
Michael J

Why of course ,let's say if you're eating whiskas or pedigree ,you'll be just find ,the food containts 50% extra fiber ,mineral and other thing like 30 % fish oil that will make your fur grow better ,but cat's fur ,i guess ,wait...you're not going to eat that stuff ,right ?

Unread 04-22-2007   #7 (permalink)
Just Q

One of your answers says NO because it doesn't have what it takes to sustain human life.As I sit and read the contents of my can of Generic Cat Food it certainly has more in it than I even thought. . . . Beef Poultry By Products Fish Liver Meat By Products , Potassium Chloride Vitamins E and A Supplements B12 Supplements, Niacin Supplements Riboflavin Supplements, D Calcium Supplementsamong other things. . . how do they get it all in one little can? I would say that with a little salt and pepper it could and would sustain human life and the sad thing about it,with the ever increasing cost of living and no significant increase in minimum wage or Social Security,there are plenty of people who DO sustain their lives on not only Cat Food but Dog Food as well. As a kid growing up,my Dad even had us kids to try some dry dog food,telling us that a person could survive on just about anything when they need to.

Unread 04-22-2007   #8 (permalink)
jtrusnik

Perhaps I might answer your question stated thusly:"Do humans have the same dietary requirements as house cats?"We don't. It's not a matter of quantity. For example, unlike cats, people can't synthesize vitamin C; we must consume it from an outside source. Vitamin C deficiency, scurvy, is invariably fatal.

Tags
cat , cat food , cat's , cats , dog , dry , eating , fiber , fish , food , fur , hey , house , hurt , mat , person , question , sad , social

Sponsored Cat Links