It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-25-2007   #1 (permalink)
nottedellestreghe

Default Can you make homemade cat food for a cat with lower urinary tract disease?

He's currently on prescription food.. I don't want him to have UTIs or anything, but I also don't want him to die from poisoned food. The brand he's currently on has not recalled any cat food, but has recently started recalling some dog food. Can I make his food at home, or is there medicine in it that's otherwide unattainable or hard to get? The brand is Royal Canin.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-25-2007   #2 (permalink)
sad lady

I can advice you.I have many cats at home.And when I give them to eat dry catfood some of them starting to urine blood! That I found and I never give to my cats anymore a such food!Usually I am cooking for them : chicken meat with rice ,boiling, or some fish or else like liver,some kind of other meat but always it has to go trought the fair,not to have bacterias.It is easy and try it and also cheaper.Think what you like to eat and the cat will eat the same.Every time give it fresh water.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-25-2007   #3 (permalink)
Jaide

Purina Adult Formula for Urinary Health dry food is a good brand and I believe it hasn't been recalled; I don't Purina has had any recalls.

Unread 04-25-2007   #4 (permalink)
mrs sexy pants

check out this link, to get some ideas on what to feed him/her.http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._cat_food.html

Unread 04-25-2007   #5 (permalink)
DearAbby

My grandmother never used store bought stuff. she saved all her scraps.. potato's , meat , etc. Put it in a pot and cooked it.. sometimes this would give such an aroma that we would be jealous.

Unread 04-25-2007   #6 (permalink)
Filippa

There are cat recipe books that you can buy. I have one but I can't remember the name right now.

Tags
adult , advice , books , cat , cat food , cats , dog , dry , dry food , fish , food , found , health , home , recalls , royal , urine , water

Sponsored Cat Links