It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-25-2007   #1 (permalink)
Pussy cat

Default Cat dry food recalled now ? please confirm?

I give my cats Natural balance dry cat food and this is what the news on the internet is saying " Natural Balance said it was recalling all its Venison and Brown Rice canned and bagged dog foods, its Venison and Brown Rice dog treats and its Venison and Green Pea dry cat food.Does this mean the ingredients in that cat dry food ?? Because I give them the "natural balance ultra premium cat food " so now i dont know if i should stop giving them that dry cat food ?? the information i read about this was on the msn website If someone can please verify ?? thanks a lot !

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-25-2007   #2 (permalink)
JenC

This is the latest news as of last night from cnn and natural balance:"The nationwide pet food recall was expanded Wednesday to include products containing rice protein laced with melamine, a toxic agent. Natural Balance foods have this ingredient in it."1 "The recalled products include Venison and Brown Rice canned and bagged dog foods, Venison and Brown Rice dog treats, and Venison and Green Pea dry cat food. "2"Dogs or cats who have consumed the suspect food and show signs of kidney failure (such as loss of appetite, lethargy and vomiting) should be seen by a veterinarian. We recommend our customers immediately stop feeding our recalled venison products regardless of date code and return unused product to their retailer for a full refund."2"No other Natural Balance products are involved in this voluntary recall as none of our other formulas include the rice protein concentrate."2I would check the fda website if you have more concerns. This is the information I found helpful when I found out about it. I hope everyone's pets are ok...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
age , brown , cat , cat food , cats , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , food , found , internet , loss , natural , night , pet , pet food , stop , vomiting

Sponsored Cat Links