It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-25-2007   #1 (permalink)
Cassie d

Default Ants in the Cats Food Bowl, PLEASE HELP!!!?

I'm at a lost of what to do, my kitten who is bearly 7 weeks old, needs wet food (per vets orders) and ant keep getting into his food, what can I do???

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-25-2007   #2 (permalink)
princess_sam_21

Feed her then wrap the bowl up in plastic wrap. A 7 week old kitten does not need constant access to her food. Or try feeding her on paper plates so you can throuw them away after each use.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-25-2007   #3 (permalink)
Amy E

Can you put it in another location? Move the Bowl if possible! Dont spray any bug killer near the kitten or the food! I have 5 kittens right now! They are 3 weeks old!

Unread 04-25-2007   #4 (permalink)
Uncle Tim

Buy a little foot stool that is big enough that your cat can hop onto it with the food dish on it. The ants won't be able to find it then.

Unread 04-25-2007   #5 (permalink)
Stacy Lehua

Put a shallow bowl or plate under the food dish and fill it with water. That way, it won't harm your kitten, but the ants won't be able to get the food. Just make sure you keep an eye on the water level, so it doesn't dry up.Also, get some ant traps and put them where your kitten can't get at them.

Unread 04-25-2007   #6 (permalink)
R3LL1K

Place the bowl of catfood into a slightly bigger bowl that has a bit of water in it. The ants can get into the bigger bowl but will turn back once they get to the water.

Unread 04-25-2007   #7 (permalink)
magix151

Invest in a bug proof bowl. They are built in such a way that the bugs can't get to the food. Or feed her inside away from the ants.

Unread 04-25-2007   #8 (permalink)
ericka1star

get ant traps at walmart or the grocery store, they are less than 3.00

Unread 04-25-2007   #9 (permalink)
windkisssed

Place the food bowl on a saucer of water. The ants won't be able to cross the water to get to the bowl.Some pet stores actually sell this setup. Check online pet supplies too.

Unread 04-25-2007   #10 (permalink)
Douglas ?

Only put food out when the cats going to eat then cover it till its ready to eat again.

Tags
cat , cats , dry , eye , food , hey , home , kitten , kittens , lost , pet , problem , water , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links