It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-26-2007   #1 (permalink)
PunkRockPrincess

Default Is Meow Mix cat food on the contaminated food list ?

i've been feeding my cat this brand for quite a while now. i just bought a bag of it a few weeks ago. i dont know if its contaminated because its not on the list that is provided on FDA web site.my cat doesn't show any symptoms but i just read that the company that makes Meow Mix also had a few other brands of cat food that was contaminated. please help,im worried about my cat.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-26-2007   #2 (permalink)
Haircutgirl

Most of the contaminated cat food was wet food made with wheat products. Meow mix is OK.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-26-2007   #3 (permalink)
lost_but_not_hopeless

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script...odrecall/There is a search feature on that page that will look through the complete listing for you at the very,very bottom of the page is a listing of every affected cat and dog food.. 5500 individual listings of brands, types and serial numbers to identify them.

Unread 04-26-2007   #4 (permalink)
Emulata

According to this pet food recall list, Meow Mix cat food isn't one of the contaminated brands listed - http://cats.about.com/gi/dynamic/off...oduct_cat.html

Unread 04-26-2007   #5 (permalink)
monster00run

Tell you the truth right now any kind of a cat food out there are mostly contaminated. Because if you would read what the Ingredients, there are a lot of by-product and a lot of the Ingredients that no one would even able to pronounce. There are a few options you could choose from. (1) you can try to boil some chicken breast and cut into cube and give it to your cat or (2) you can go to some health food stores ex (whole food market) they have some cat food that are quite good. Right now i think that would be the best thing to do I do have one recommendation The pet food name called pet promise you can go to their web site to check it out their ingredient is of course more pure then Meow Mix.

Unread 06-11-2016   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

terrytt is on a distinguished road

no recall on meow mix.my cat been eating it for yrs.he loves meow mix tenders.
Unread 06-12-2016   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrytt View Post
no recall on meow mix.my cat been eating it for yrs.he loves meow mix tenders.
Meow mix is a terrible product filled with bad ingredients. Your kitty would do so much better on a better diet. Those "tenders" formula contain wheat gluten as the fourth ingredient, tapioca as the fifth, and SUGAR as the sixth ingredient. All of those things are just very bad for cats.

Sugar, can you imagine? Rotting cats' teeth, leading to diabetes and obesity. It's just criminal the way these pet food companies operate.

I know the general thought is any wet food is better than any dry, but oh please stop feeding that junk to your cat and get him on a better diet.

I am not blaming you. It's not your fault.

I'm sure you thought you were doing right by him, feeding him a wet diet. And you are correct that a wet diet is very important for a cat. But I do urge you now to learn how to read the labels, identify things that cats should never eat, and get him on better wet foods

Many people don't think to read the ingredients label. They trust the manufacturer and the AAFCO.

The truth is, cat food has very little regulation. It's up to us, the consumers and pet owners who love our fur babies, to become aware of the bad practices and opt for healthier foods for our pets.

So it's not your fault that you didn't know. Now you do, and can make better choices for your cat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 09-01-2016   #8 (permalink)
Newborn

susan dormero is on a distinguished road

Very interesting information! Thank you!

Tags
cat , cat food , cats , cut , diabetes , dog , dry , eating , food , fur , health , hey , interesting , kitty , meow , pet , pet food , search , stop , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links