It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-26-2007   #1 (permalink)
crazy sexy cool

Default ok what food is the best for dry skin on a cat?

tried natural balance they wont eat it.thanx. i think i will exchange my food for science diet sensitive skin and then if that doesnt seem to be working ill do the fish oil but i think i will take him to see the doc, its just so hard to travel with cats, have to go about thirty miles.....

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-26-2007   #2 (permalink)
electrophile19

Get some salmon oil in a pump and squirt a pump or so on the food. Grizzly Salmon Oil is a good one and dogs and cats LOVE it (and it is really good for them for omega 3 fat acids). Also, you can get fish oil capsules (they are like $10 for a really big bottle at Sam's Club or Costco) and empty the capsules over the food. Chicken Soup, Merrick, Innova, and Felidae are also good foods to try. I don't have cats, but my ferret does well on Chicken Soup's kitten (it's actually better than the majority of ferret foods).

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-26-2007   #3 (permalink)
safari_night_lily

Dry skin.... you should prob use an oatmeal kitty soap.. Changing their food will not have much of an effect...If your cats are finicky eaters you should NOT keep changing their food.. They'll become even more finicky if you keep changing it on them... You should try one natural ones at pet smart or pet co. Eventually they will eat...They are just testing you..(From a vets advice and from my experience)Hope that helps!!

Unread 04-26-2007   #4 (permalink)
b_friskey

I usually just let my kitties lick the oil out of the inside of the tuna can after I make tuna salad. They love it and it keeps their coat shiny and flake free!

Unread 04-26-2007   #5 (permalink)
chelsea s

fish oil -- put it in their food

Unread 04-26-2007   #6 (permalink)
tiggerkitty_98

my cat was loosing her fur on her back so i found purina sensitive system and her fur came back out really nicely i would try that for them i think purina even has something for dry skin im not sure but the purina sensitive system is what i feed my cat and she is doing encredbly better.

Tags
advice , cat , cats , diet , dogs , dry , fish , food , found , free , fur , hey , kitten , kitties , kitty , love , natural , pet , smart , travel

Sponsored Cat Links