It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2007   #1 (permalink)
laura d

Default is it safe to have two cat litter boxes in my bedroom or does it cause a

health hazard to my body when i sleep

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-27-2007   #2 (permalink)
jennyann 4

Smelling all that is not healthy so move it to another part of the house

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-27-2007   #3 (permalink)
llfitzpatrick

No, it may smell a bit if you don't scoop them out daily and keep them clean.Unless you are currently pregnant then it should not be a problem. Pregnant women should not handle cat litter in any way shape or form. It causes an illness called toxoplasmosis that is bad for the unborn baby.

Unread 04-27-2007   #4 (permalink)
smiling fox

not if you scrub the pans well and keep them free of stuff at least weekly.

Unread 04-27-2007   #5 (permalink)
Kayleah W

It really depends most on two things. 1) keeping it clean and 2) the type of litter you use. Most litters have a lot of dust, and breathing that dust, in any room, over time can cause respiratory problems. I have asthma and I have to use a pine type of litter to keep the dust down. I used to have to dust at least once a day until I changed brands of litter. Ever notice the dust when you poor the litter? Well, we and the cats are breathing that in every time the cat uses the box. I hope this helps.

Tags
asthma , baby , box , breathing , cat , cats , changed , clean , free , health , healthy , house , litter , litter boxes , pregnant , problem , problems , sleep , smell , type

Sponsored Cat Links