It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2007   #1 (permalink)
jimporary

Default Does your cat have a special liking for any particular food?

My daughter had a cat which was very obedient about not begging for food - EXCEPT when she opened the marmite jar. (It's yeast extract, similar to vegemite.) In the end she gave in, and the two of them used to sit side-by-side on a bench sharing a marmite sandwich. It made me wonder if those cat food adverts were offering the cats food smeared with marmite.I can't believe the answers pouring in, from within seconds of asking! I had to cancel the "send me an email when someone answers my question" box!It's a lot of fun - I never thought cats would develop such acquired tastes!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-27-2007   #2 (permalink)
Marina G

dry food: purina indoor cat formula...he won't eat anything else.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-27-2007   #3 (permalink)
stormy

Mine doesn't beg, only eats Iams regular flavor, and occasional Pounce treats...but when the bacon sizzles...she does figure 8's around my legs, and follows me to the table, sits and stares (no MEOWS)..rubs on the chairs, 'roly-polys' on the carpet..and will willing accept a small piece of bacon, if I offer her another piece, she stares at it like it is poision!!!

Unread 04-27-2007   #4 (permalink)
bigdee_x

mice, birds, small dogs, and any other small defensless creatures it may get its paws on.

Unread 04-27-2007   #5 (permalink)
buddhasgirl1220

Purina Indoor Formula

Unread 04-28-2007   #6 (permalink)
JERILYN D

As far as daily food, my cat seriously prefers the cheap stuff. She DOES NOT like Friskies or Purina-- just the house brand of whatever store I'm shopping at. She also loves any kind of cracker (Ritz, Cheese Nips, Wheat Thins, etc), most cookies, and red licorice. She doesn't get any of that very often, but she loves it when she does!

Unread 04-28-2007   #7 (permalink)
curlywurly

any of my leftovers. if i leave my plate on the worktop without scraping them away then you can guarantee they wont be there in the morning

Unread 04-28-2007   #8 (permalink)
clevergirl

My cat won't eat any other cat food then felix... it's crazy, before she had it she'd eat sheep dip if we gave it to her, but then she had felix and she was brainwashed. And the dog will only eat Tesco's own dog food. (which is a lot cheaper!)Other than that my cat will eat anything that I'm eating, she loves to lick the yoghurt pot lid but after spending hundreds on her vet bills because of her milk intollerance and obesity we stick to the proper stuff.

Unread 04-28-2007   #9 (permalink)
top cat

mine likes cheese and strawberries

Unread 04-28-2007   #10 (permalink)
jan s

my cat likes strong cheese and the other day took a likening to sweetcorn as long as i gave it a squeeze the sweetcorn that is. not the cat.

Tags
bills , birds , box , carpet , cat , cat food , cats , christmas , clean , crazy , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , eating , food , fun , hey , house , indoor , jack , joy , love , morning , obesity , paw , pounce , question , shopping , small , stealing , vet , vet bills , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links