It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-30-2007   #1 (permalink)
cats

Default My 12 Year Old Cat Just Passed Away As A Result of Eating Poisoned Cat Food!?

How Do I Deal With The Grieving Process and Should I Sue The Pet Food Manufacturer? Help!She was so weak and had liver failure, was emaciated and stopped eating. I had to take her to the vet and have her put down since there was nothing else the vet could do! Sob! I haven't buried her yet since I am looking into a class action lawsuit against Special Kitty USA! I am very upset but taking my anger into action! I thank you for your comments and support and appreciate it! Her name was Triscuit! Please think of her in your thoughts and prayers! Thank you!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-30-2007   #2 (permalink)
Cheerleader Wannabe

Sue, sue, sue! If my cat died from that I would really be mad. Write a letter the the brand and then sue like the wind! I am so sorry that your cat died, you can grieve, but you should get a new cat. I hope you are okay.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-30-2007   #3 (permalink)
prettylikedrugs_96

yeah i heard some pets are dieing from that food... and yes alot of people are sueing them so i would try as well.

Unread 04-30-2007   #4 (permalink)
Ebony_Darknight_Adrail

I do believe you can sue the manufacturer. To help the griving process, try to look at his/her pictures. It made me feel better.

Unread 04-30-2007   #5 (permalink)
colin-irene D

its very hard and upsetting when you loose a pet i know at the moment you feel angry but look at the good times you had with your pet,,im truly sorry for your loss as it is like loosing a baby,think fondly of her and she will always be with you,x

Unread 04-30-2007   #6 (permalink)
chinchillagirl

SUE! make sure u have evidence that the cat passed away from their food and have recepits and anything u think u may need to win this case! good luck!

Unread 04-30-2007   #7 (permalink)
Gemstorm

hmnn.. I think you need to contact the pet food manufacturer and also probably would need your vet to sign off on the cause of the pet's death. However it happened I am so sorry to hear it as I know how hard it is to lose a pet no matter the cause. I think that I read that many of the affected pet food manufacterers were willing to at least pay the cost of the vet bills for any animals sickened or dying from their feed.

Unread 04-30-2007   #8 (permalink)
Steph

i heard that a lot of people are suing those companies, but i also heard on the news that not much is going to come of it. i'm so sorry for your loss though! My almost 7 year old male just recently died (heart complications though, not poisoning) so i understand what you're going through. stick in there!

Unread 04-30-2007   #9 (permalink)
towanda

I lost my dog to Ol' Roy dog biscuits so please understand when I say I understand your grief. I don't understand why everyone is so passive about all of this. I mean some had rat poisening too and if people don't care about the animals, they say it has gotten into human food too. I understand there is a class action suit but am not that familiar with what and where because I live in Texas. In Texas animals are considered property so even with a law suit one can only get the worth of the animal. Since mine was rescued long ago, his value is $0. If you live in other states, please check around and get involved. They certainly have it coming. You will have to prove by autopsy that melamine is in your cat's body and a vet will have to say exactly what the cause of death was and connect the death with the food. With the glutens I'm not sure. I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you get even. Please do it for me too. Any way I can help, I'm available. I have also tried to get people to start boycotting Chinese products. They don't care what they slop over here and we are buying it.

Unread 04-30-2007   #10 (permalink)
retrorain3

You should Sue. You have a right as a previous cat owner to atleast make them pay for what they did. Im sorry for your loss

Tags
angry , art , baby , bills , care , cat , cat food , cat's , diabetic , dog , dying , eating , food , girl , hey , kitty , loss , lost , male , mat , new cat , passive , pet , pet food , pictures , prayers , thoughts , upset , vet , vet bills

Sponsored Cat Links