It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Health & Nutrition
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-01-2007   #1 (permalink)
marti h

Default how do i get a cat to eat only wet food ,when dry food was all he s ever eaten ?

my cat had surgery for a blockage of his urinary tract,now he cannot eat any dry food,and that is all hes eaten for 3 yrs . im afraid hell get worse because he wont eat the wet food, and i have other cats that eat dry so now i have to lock him up so he cant eat their dry food

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-01-2007   #2 (permalink)
Mix M

mix both together first and then slowly start to remove the dry food until it's all gone and ur left with pure wet food

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-01-2007   #3 (permalink)
maureen s

I would contact my vet to get more information and any help you need, sounds like if you do not contact your vet asap then you may be sorry, it is a big change to eat something for that long and then not be able to, the vet is definitely your best bet before your cat gets sick.

Unread 05-01-2007   #4 (permalink)
Ken

Hi For one thing, low carb canned foods are much better for all your cats then dry food. Canned foods without gravy tend to be lower carbed. Here is a link explaining how to gradually shift the food.http://www.catinfo.org/#Transitionin...o_Canned_Food_

Unread 05-01-2007   #5 (permalink)
Kikipie

try giving him friskies wet food. it's chunky and it comes with gravy to make it moist and tasty. that is the ONLY wet food my cats like. cats dont like to eat anything that looks too mushy, unless it's super fresh.

Tags
art , cat , cats , dry , dry food , food , sick , surgery , vet , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links