It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-02-2007   #1 (permalink)
Goody2shoes2

Default Have U heard about the bad cat foods? Now it's 42 recalled does anyone know...

...all the brands? I'd like to know Someone told me that bad food was food issued as early as March 2006. I heard before that it was May 2006. Well I had a cat Arial she got sick and then stopped eating the wet food she only ate dry food. She pushed and kicked at the wet food. She even tried to prevent her Mommy from eating wet food! Her Mommy ate it any way.Her Mommy died last year. Arial ran away and never came back. Now I got another kitty and she shakes her head at certain wet foods. I ask her is she being fussy or is it bad? She makes a meow. So I'm not taking any unnecessary chances.. If my Kitty is disappointed she gets something else She turned down chunky fancy feast! Does anyone know of the names of the bad cat foods?I heard these are on the list of recalled cat foods: IAMS, Top Choice, Natural Choice, Nutell, Science Diet, Nature's Choice, Saverin's, Western Family, Purrr, Delmonte's. What are the others? Is whiskas on the list? How about Friskies and what about Fancy Feast

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-02-2007   #2 (permalink)
alekoukla

here's the site for the FDAhttp://www.fda.gov/default.htmit says it there under PET FOOD RECALLto make sure, you should call your vet though

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-02-2007   #3 (permalink)
twiztid_ditzwit

Menu Foods inc. has many brands and of them many use related ingredients. If at all possible, use "Advanced Pet Diets" or "APD" as it contains no preservitives or bi-products to enrich it and that alone cuts on waist and shedding. Cat and dog formulas availible. Puppy, adult, diet, hair renewal, and senior for dogs.... Adult/kitten in different flavors for cats.APD is not associated with Menu Foods

Unread 05-03-2007   #4 (permalink)
lora b

Yes dear, some of those are on the list, here it is below, take a look and click on each one to see the rest of them. Some dry foods are now being deemed suspicious, you cant be too careful Yes, it is said many foods have been bad a long time, it may have been the cats problem, if you really want to do the best thing for your cats, make their foods. It is easy and in the end, costs the same and is the very best way to feed them where they will not be poisoned. They will get all the necessary nutrition and be healthy, it doesn't take long, just make it once a week even and freeze it for the rest!There are many recipes and info on line, just google, home made cat food recipes and read a bit, it's all there!Here is the cat food recall list, good luck! http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_cat.html

www.menufoods.com

Unread 05-03-2007   #5 (permalink)
Nora E

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/theres the list

Tags
adult , bad cat , cat , cat food , cats , diet , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , eating , family , food , healthy , hey , home , kitten , kitty , meow , natural , nutrition , pet , pet food , problem , puppy , senior , sick , vet , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links