It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-02-2007   #1 (permalink)
sarahbear_bear

Default Tinned Cat Food.......Harmful to humans???

My flatmate seems to think that cat food, either from tins or packets is harmful to human beings and that we can pick up diseases from cat food! I used one of our spoons to put the newly opened cat food into a bowl and he went absolutely mental, saying that he will catch diseases from the spoon! The same goes with bowls I have used to put the cat food into. Please can you help me to convince him that he is being ridiculous and completely irrational and that no harm will come to him. Am I right in thinking that this tinned food is produced to the same high standards as tinned food for humans? (which makes this completely sterile) And that human tasters are actually emplyed to test the cat food? Please help before I completely lose patience!!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-02-2007   #2 (permalink)
kimber t

depends on where you live. usa has extreme standards on the foods made. that is what the aafco statements are for. no disease, infection ect. you'll get more problems from the sponge on you kitchen sink. which should be changed every 3 weeks. let him know. sometimes you need to be patient w/ morans

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-03-2007   #3 (permalink)
blindflacker

Yes its not harmful, No you shouldn't use silverware and bowls your flatmate might eat off later. Its along the line of a petpeeve and some people REALLY find it disgusting. You need to have a seperate bowl and spoon labeled for catfood to keep your roommate happy.

Unread 05-03-2007   #4 (permalink)
misshotcakes2u

haha this is funny..if the spoon and bowl are washed "in hot water" if there was any chance of diseases getting on the in the first place..washing them would make them safe to eat off again..next time i would suggest A: using a plastic spoon one you can throw away and paper plate.or B:just make sure you flatmate doesnt see you do it and wash it right afterwards..easy as pie..and as far as humans taste testing cat food,wouldnt it be more sensable to have cats themself do it..bacause i have no clue what a cats pallet is like..eww i would never eat cat food..

Unread 05-03-2007   #5 (permalink)
riverbanks27

they use human testers for cat food, it actually pays really well, but there's a big waiting list to do it!

Unread 05-03-2007   #6 (permalink)
Asha

I would use a regular spoon to dish out the canned food however I wouldn't use a regular bowl because that is pretty gross to think you are eating out of cat bowl. Buy a food and water bowl from the grocery store or the dollar store and it can save a whole lot of fuss from your roommate. Plus you can also buy a 'special' spoon for the cat for her food.

Tags
canned food , cat , cat food , cats , changed , eating , food , fun , funny , happy , hey , infection , problems , save , test , water

Sponsored Cat Links