It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-03-2007   #1 (permalink)
chris w

Default Cat food recall? What's best?

My 2 cats will only eat the packaged minced kangaroo-lamb type foods you get from the meat section of the supermarket, or one certain brand of dry food. Is there any problem with either of these? They have plenty of fresh water available at all times. Also my 2 dogs, a Jack Russell and a chihuahua eat from the same plate and bowl as the cats, so share their diet. They are both healthy, not overweight or anything, so is this a problem? They do have some dry dog food outside which they occasionally have a bit of, but won't eat unless the cats have had their share first.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-03-2007   #2 (permalink)
sprasa

So many foods have been recalled that right now I've been giving my cats homemade food. Boiled chicken, tuna, etc. I think that's the best for your pets till the recall is all straightened out.Your cats will get hungry enough... my cats didn't want it either at first but I just don't trust packaged food anymore so they're not getting it!I don't know your 2 brands so I don't even know if they've been recalled.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-03-2007   #3 (permalink)
E M D

The easiest way to see if its okay is to check the ingredient label for "wheat gluten" as this was the contaminated ingredient, there are so many companies affected that its hard to say whether thats the one they are eating, but the only ones recalled contained the wheat gluten. Also, if it is cat food you are feeding them, I would try to make sure the dogs aren't eating the cat food, it is extremely high in protine and even if they are not getting overweight, the protine levels can quickly destroy their kidneys, depending on how long they've been eating cat food I would take them to the vet and have the blood levels checked.

Unread 05-03-2007   #4 (permalink)
jojo

wow my cat and dog cant even be in the same room lol. I don't think it good for them to share as dogs and cats need different kinds of food and vitamins etc. I feed my cat a can of fancy feast every day and some Iams dry food . MY dog gets Hill science diet and a little Caesar wet food every Sunday. I have a 3 year old female cat and a rescued Chihuahua who is only 3 pounds but has a liver problem

Tags
cat , cat food , cats , diet , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , eating , female , food , healthy , hey , jack , overweight , problem , type , vet , water , wet food , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links