It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-03-2007   #1 (permalink)
superwhitedog

Default how can i feed 2 cats different foods?

I have a 1yr old cat, kind of thin and a 4yr old fat queen. They both eat dry food (always available) & they have one can of canned food for dinner. The fat cat keeps eating the younger cats food.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-03-2007   #2 (permalink)
photocritter

Iams has a new food called "Multi-Cat". It's for multiple cat households who have different dietary needs and it meets what each one needs, those who need to gain and those who need to lose. You may want to think about letting the thinner kitty eat his canned food in another - thats what I do. I have an older kitty whose 9 years old and he can't compete with the eating speed of my 2 one-year old kitties - so come canned food time, he gets a seperate room with a closed door so he can take his time and eat without having to fend off the others. In the long run, it helps all involved!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-03-2007   #3 (permalink)
chwdg10

Separate them when it's time to eat. Put one in a different room than the other and allow them to finish eating before you let them out.

Unread 05-03-2007   #4 (permalink)
Ange221

Your cats should just have food during their mealtimes. And they need to be fed separately. If you feed them together but manage to keep fat queen away from skinny's food, they will still be in the same vicinity and fat queen might try to scarf down her food way too quickly, or skinny might try to eat too fast to finish before fat queen gets to it. Either way, feeding together might lead to eating too fast, which will more than likely cause the cats to vomit. Prepare their foods (try to find foods with the highest protein content, wet or dry) and feed them in separate rooms (ie. skinny in the kitchen and fat queen in the bathroom). Let them eat for 20 minutes or so and then take their food away. They may not eat a lot at first because they're used to having free choice all day, but they'll eventually figure out that they need to eat what they need to eat during mealtimes... no more snacking throughout the day.

Tags
age , canned food , cat , cats , dry , dry food , eating , fast , food , free , hey , kitties , kitty , queen , vomit

Sponsored Cat Links