It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-03-2007   #1 (permalink)
Amie D

Default How much food should a grown cat (10/11) have a day?

We have had our cat for 5 years and she's always eaten the same amount of food (2 pouches/half a tin a day). Is this enough for a grown cat, I'm not convinced. My mum says that she's always had the same amount and it's enough. But the cat is always crying for food and even tries to eat from the bin and scrounges for our food. She has been wormed so it's not that- why is she so hungry?Oh we don't give her dried food as it's not great fo the cat and also she doesn't drink water so she would get de hydratedOh my god I have just checked the pouches (why I didn't think of doing this before I don't know- idiot!) and it says 4 pouches a day! Poor thing! No wonder she's hungry when she's onlygetting HALF of what she needs! Jesus! Thanks for all your answers!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-03-2007   #2 (permalink)
theeastendboy

I leave out a bowl of dried food and water in addition to her regular food. My cat eats what she needs.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-03-2007   #3 (permalink)
chris s

that is plenty for the cat to be eating. its just greedy my nans cat was the same so she fed it more and it became diabetic as it had too much meat she now has to inject her cat everyday so id advise you dont feed it anymore than you already are

Unread 05-03-2007   #4 (permalink)
s s

About 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup twice a day. Usually if you buy bagged cat food somewhere on the bag gives this information.

Unread 05-03-2007   #5 (permalink)
wendy j

I find this forum really useful for answering cat questions - its got lots of cat breeders/owners as memberspurrfectchat.co.uk

Unread 05-03-2007   #6 (permalink)
pippin2007

Normally you go by the weight of the cat.... breakfast, and tea as long as she has given the right amount.....

Unread 05-03-2007   #7 (permalink)
country jenny

I have always fed my cats whenever they want it, you wouldn't tell a child it can't have food would you, but it is rare for a cat to over eat.

Tags
addition , breeders , cat , cat food , cat questions , cats , crying , diabetic , eating , food , great , hey , rare , water , weight

Sponsored Cat Links