It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-04-2007   #1 (permalink)
Lissa

Default my little kitten likes to eat cat food but wont eat his kitten food?

we have a 2 yr old cat (Violet) who has cat food and a 10 week old kitten (Tippy) who has kitten food... Tippy will not eat his food! but he loves eating violet's food and when i catch him eating it i grab him and put him in front of his food dish but he just trots back over to violets food dish and eats her foodi dont think this is too good for him cuz if kittens were supposed to eat cat food, they wouldnt make kitten food...so what should i do about it

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-04-2007   #2 (permalink)
charlie

try feeding them in different rooms or do what my mom always do - take the normal catfood but mix it with a bit of warm milk so that it's more porridge-like. we had tons of cats and we never had to buy two different tipes of catfood. it's like giving a baby purity while mom and dad's mashed potato's smells so much better.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-04-2007   #3 (permalink)
Jakjmd

We had the same problem when we got our new kitten, who is now almost a year old and ready to start eating regular cat food! The vet told us we should just mix half kitten food and half cat food together, and put it in each cats food dish. So that's what we have been doing for almost a year now. That way your kitten will get the nutrients and calories she needs and it won't hurt your older cat. (He/she may put on a few extra pounds but just try to keep them active!)

Tags
art , baby , cat , cat food , cats , eating , food , hey , hurt , kitten , kitten food , kittens , new kitten , problem , vet

Sponsored Cat Links