It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-04-2007   #1 (permalink)
izzyloveswebkinz112

Default What is the best young cat food????

I feed my cat the vet brand, but he does not really like it! What is the least expensive but good young cat food brand?Please tell me what store or stores to by it at!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-04-2007   #2 (permalink)
sweetie

I would recomend purina kitten chow you can buy it at walmart.Good Luck

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-04-2007   #3 (permalink)
gobblygoo

I would give it indoor kitten formula if it is an indoor cat and if is an outdoor cat then I would give it outdoor kitten formula before you go to buy the food though I would go online and check the pet food recall list to make sure that you do not buy your cat food that is on that list. But most of the food on that list is not on the shelves.

Unread 05-04-2007   #4 (permalink)
furry6feline

Kitten Feeding Timetable0-4 weeks - Mother cat nurses her litter.4-6 weeks - Kitten continues to nurse but can also eat small amounts of moistened kitten food.12-14 weeks - The kitten's teeth have developed sufficiency to handle dry food.First Year - Kittens should be fed kitten food for all of the first year.That being said dry food is usually the most recomended because of its needed crunch and it also less exspensive.

Unread 05-04-2007   #5 (permalink)
catlvr

I think Science Diet Kitten Formula is great. I love all of Science Diet pet foods. Ever since I have started feeding my pets Science Diet, I've seen a lot of change in their weight. My dog used to be very big, now he is lean. I think Science Diet is the best, and it wasn't on the recall list.

Unread 05-04-2007   #6 (permalink)
max_resa

Listen to Jenn. She was right on with what she wrote. Most of the cat food you find in a supermarket or god forbid a Wal-Mart is the equivalent of McDonald's. It might taste real good but has almost no nutritional value. Science Diet is not much different than most of the other crap people feed their animals. It's full of filler and by-products. You want organ meats and no grains. If you listen to Jenn your cats will live long and healthy lives.

Tags
cat , cat food , cats , diet , dog , dry , dry food , food , great , healthy , indoor , kitten , kitten food , kittens , litter , love , outdoor , pet , pet food , small , vet , weight

Sponsored Cat Links