It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-05-2007   #1 (permalink)
Kay

Thumbs down IS IT SAFE and DO They LIKE IT?

Peanut butter.....lol.....I am asking about peanut butter. My cat, Mick Rory is a red long haired cutie. But he has a weepy eye and the vet prescribed Lysine which comes in a tube and is consistant like peanut butter. Mick has to have two doses a day and the tube lasts a little over a week. The vet also said I could buy over-the-counter 500 mg Lysine and crush and give one have twice a day.
I don't want to jab a pill that large down Mick's throat, so I DID crush it and mixed it with a little water. I have put it on his food and squirted it in his mouth, but he LOVES the consistancy of the tube Lysine that I wondered if I could mix the crushed medicine in a little peanut butter and let him lick it off my finger like he does the med out of the tube. The tubed Lysine could get expensive over time and I always have peanut butter
Please help me out with this. Thanks! HAVE A PURRFECT DAY

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-05-2007   #2 (permalink)
Kay

Sorry about the "Thumbs Down" icon. I am new and was just experimenting. Hope I still get some feedback. Sorry again folks.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
cat , eye , feedback , food , hey , pill , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links