It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-05-2007   #1 (permalink)
beezersmutti

Default Help! Need a good homemade dry cat food recipe.?

Along with thousands of cat owners, I am struggling with the dilemma of feeding my guys a safe food. Since I have a large cat family, the expensive organic foods are unrealistic for me. I have a few guys who will eat only dry. The old theory that when they get hungry enough they will eat anything just doesn't work. I tried the wet food only approach and ended up with one guy at Cornell with hepatic lipidosis, which is kind of like anorexia in a cat. We had to feed him every 4 hours through an esophageal tube for weeks before we got him back on track again.Please, if anyone has a recipe for dry food would you please share it?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-05-2007   #2 (permalink)
mr.spock

ground beef and veggies are good for them no need to dry them out.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-05-2007   #3 (permalink)
moderlysoberelf

You shouldn't feed your cat table food. Cat food at least when its safe is specially made for the needs of your cat. Do some research and talk to your vet about safe choices for you cats.

Tags
cat , cat food , cats , dry , dry food , family , food , hey , vet , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links