It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-06-2007   #1 (permalink)
nathan l

Default hoe can I stop my cat eating my food?

my cat just try and steal my food when ever he has the chance, he knows he cannot do it because everytime when I come home, if he did something wrong (like been eating food thats in the bin and rubbish everywhere, or licking the bottle of cooking oil or eating crisps that left on the table......), he will hide under the bed untill he think it is (safe) to come out, he obvisly know its wrong( or he knows he will get punish), but he just keep doing it evertime, it really giving headache having to clean up everytime, please help!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-06-2007   #2 (permalink)
Lysette

Make sure he has no access to your food.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-06-2007   #3 (permalink)
midoriflower2000

You can train a cat to not do things it shouldn't do. One idea i've heard used is use a spray bottle. Everytime the cat jumps up where it's not supposed to be or digs in the garbage, spray it with water. Eventually, you can leave the spray bottle by the garbage and the cat will know that if he/she jumps up they will get sprayed.

Unread 05-08-2007   #4 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Hi Nathan...Sounds like your cat has fun while you are out!
The water spray is a good idea but if she only behaves badly when you are out it will be hard to train her that way.
She repeats this behaviour because she is feeling rewarded by it, as she is finding and eating tasty food stuffs. You could try making her finds less appealing cats dont like the smell of raw garlic or onion. They dont like citrus peel or ground pepper. Using these items you may be able to deter your cat from stealing food. Good luck!
Angelkiss x

Tags
behaviour , cat , cats , clean , color , eating , food , fun , hey , home , licking , raw , smell , stealing , stop , water

Sponsored Cat Links