It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-06-2007   #1 (permalink)
Linds

Default Is meow mix DRY food ok to feed me cats??

Is meow mix DRY food ok to feed me cats??

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-06-2007   #2 (permalink)
Petit

After hearing the news today that it was not only aminopterin that was found but also melamine, I am inclined to think that any cat food may be contaminated. So far I've only fed my cats Purina Indoor formula and Fancy Feast which is also manufactured by Purina and they are fine, thank heavens.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-06-2007   #3 (permalink)
haveyarn2crochet

As someone else said it isn't on the recall list so it is safe. I only feed our cats Purina Indoor Formula and have never had any problems with it. If you are really worried contact you vet and get his/her recommendations.

Unread 05-06-2007   #4 (permalink)
theglobalmachine

I'm not sure, but I am watching the news right now and Hill's S/D may have what is called some Melamine in it! This is either gross negligence or sabotage. The only two ways these chemicals could get into pet foods would be because someone intentionally put them there or they somehow got the chemicals in their manufacturing plants (like if the companies produced these two things close together for example) or they wanted to try something new and they did not have knowledge of the effects of experimenting with new chemicals in pet foods!

Tags
age , cat , cat food , cats , dry , dry food , food , found , hey , indoor , meow , pet , problems , vet

Sponsored Cat Links