It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-06-2007   #1 (permalink)
Christen

Default I feed my 2 cats Special Kitty Gourmet Blend cat food...they both seem...

...just fine now, but are they at risk????

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-06-2007   #2 (permalink)
lisadivirgilio

get rid of that,,and find a brand not effected,,surprisingly no name was not effected ,,bought some n,n,and my dog loves it,,so guess whar old maxie will be eating,,,plus 15$ cheaper a bag,,,,good for his momma

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-06-2007   #3 (permalink)
melzie3

I used to feed my cats Special Kitty food 3 years ago. They started showing the same symptoms as the sick cats do now. One of them ended up dying and the other still vomits daily to this day. Seriously this food is not good for your cats. I really think that this problem has been going on for a lot longer than the companies say.

Unread 05-06-2007   #4 (permalink)
WinkieToe

I believe that the Special Kitty foods thats being recalled are the ones in pouches. Ive been feeding my cats the one in the cans, and they seem to be fine.

Unread 05-06-2007   #5 (permalink)
flatlander70

The recalled items for Special Kitty come in pouches in the US and pouches and a few cans in Canada. Go to the Menufoods.com website and look up the specific brand and flavor to find the date code included in the recall. Wal-mart, once notified that there was a problem with their pet foods made by Menufoods, issued a company-wide voluntary recall of any product that was even remotely involved. These products were immediately pulled from shelves and inventories at the distribution centers were purged. The food should be safe if you have bought it within the last week, but check the recall list to be safe. If the cats are not showing any ill effects, they are probably okay, but it is always better to err on the side of prevention. I've included the pages for Special Kitty recall info for both US and Canada.

www.menufoods.com

Tags
cat food , cats , dog , dying , eating , food , hey , kitty , pet , problem , sick

Sponsored Cat Links