It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-07-2007   #1 (permalink)
LONA R

Default I have a dog that want to eat cat food not dog food well that harm him ?

I have a dog that want to eat cat food not dog food well that harm him ?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-07-2007   #2 (permalink)
LYNN W

Cat food will hurt a dog over a long period of time. It will damage the kidneys in the dog.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-07-2007   #3 (permalink)
shady

No but I don't think he needs to eat it talk to a vet about it.

Unread 05-07-2007   #4 (permalink)
Lila42

It wont' hurt a dog to eat cat food. In fact, the reason they prefer it is because it is much higher in protein, and usually has a fishy taste. Cats, however, cannot be healthy eating dogfood. Too low in protein and kerotein (sp) according to my vet.

Unread 05-07-2007   #5 (permalink)
Sarah S

Place the cat food on a shelf that he cannot reach, but the cat can reach. My ex's dog had the same prob with eating my cats food, we put her food on the bathroom counter, he got hungry eventualy, and realized he could only eat his own food.

Unread 05-07-2007   #6 (permalink)
Lila42

I didn't see that post about possibly damaging a dog's kidneys. My vet never metnioned that. Wow. He said that a dog could live an entire life eating catfood and be healthy, but not the other way around. Cats require a huge amount of protein not found in dog food.

Unread 05-08-2007   #7 (permalink)
drew b

no as long as it isnt IMS i think that had the rat poison in it im not sure id check that out

Unread 05-08-2007   #8 (permalink)
Hotman

My Friend Rebecka's dog Ringo ate cat food and Becka did not know and after Ringo ate her cat Galia's food he had some kidney thing go wrong and he died at 4 because he ate it so much so keep the dog and cat food away from eachother

Unread 05-08-2007   #9 (permalink)
carly s

lol no my dog loves cat food i have to refill it alot the cat will meow ill be like omfg damn that dog lol so no u shouldent be concerned on it if he starts gettin sick alot then try to get your cat to go into a high put place for the bowl to go..

Unread 05-08-2007   #10 (permalink)
horselove93

YES in the short term they usually get diarrhea &/or they peuck. Im not sure about the long run.

Tags
cat , cat food , cats , color , diarrhea , diet , dog , dogfood , dogs , eating , food , found , healthy , hey , hurt , meow , pet , pet food , poison , sick , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links