It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-08-2007   #1 (permalink)
columbman

Default My 9 year old cat has suddenly started to ask for food continually but

rarely eats what she is given? We have tried changing to other brands of food but after the first pouch, it is back to the problem. She has probably lost weight but seems well in herself. We have given her worming medication and there is no signs of worms in her motionsShe has started to steal foodThere is always food and water in her dish

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-08-2007   #2 (permalink)
z_sajiu

Hi there. Well, like it or not,that's the sign of your cat gonna die. I'm not joking as mine also the same before it death. Normally, a cat will healthy live around 5 years, but now as your cat already 9 years, sure got some problem. Well, take a car as an example. After 5 years, it will start making noise. After 9 years, it already old and need extra care. Somehow, you will change to other car. My cat at home now have the same problem, I give it food everytime he want it. I really love him, but I must know that one day he'll be leaving me. If you notice, the cat keep on meowing everytime he see you and become more "childish" a lil.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-08-2007   #3 (permalink)
â—„Herculesâ–º

We don't put food there in the bowl all the time. If there is just enough for the cat to eat each time, and you feed her on time and regularly, she won't come asking for food when it is not feeding time, hope it helps. Do not alter the amount of food, the type of food, the feeding time. But you may give her snack, just little, when you play. Water should be available all the time and it should be as fresh as possible.I guess you ask your vet already, please give my regards to your cat. My cat is sitting next to me now, he's so cute.^_^ good luck

Unread 05-08-2007   #4 (permalink)
maggiebridget09

Have her examined by the vet and ask about IBD---Inflammatory Bowel Disease.

Tags
art , bowel , car , care , cat , cute , food , healthy , home , ibd , lost , love , meowing , play , problem , type , vet , water , weight

Sponsored Cat Links