It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-08-2007   #1 (permalink)
sweetxgrace

Default Our cat sometimes throws up her food?

Back in March my husband and I (hehe it seems so weird saying that, because we were just married on 4-2 adopted a cat from the local shelter. Petco helped us with picking out a food, and we went with Nutro Max Gourmet Classics.Every once in awhile she throws it up! I don't know what's causing this, and I also don't know a darn thing about cats. I just hate seeing her get sick every once in awhile!She just throws up like pieces of it.Is this kinda normal?Should we switch her cat food? I'm so afraid to with everything being pulled from the market. If you t hink we should switch it, what should we switch it to??At the shelter she was eating Friskies, and the Petco employee discouraged that and said it wasn't good for her.Okay! I feel better! LOL I guess I'm just a worrying mother. Thanks!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-08-2007   #2 (permalink)
Megan F

No the cat food should be fine. She is probably just eating it too fast. My cat pukes all the time after eating (vet says she is fine some cats are just pukers). So I would suggest if it worries you a lot to only give her a little food at a time so she doesn't eat it so fast. Good luck and congrats on the marriage! P.S. If it gets worse and she starts losing weight consult your vet.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-08-2007   #3 (permalink)
smcelvoy

She's fine, my cat pukes all the time, just this morning actually, my cat Henry just eats too fast, it's a pain but he's fine, he especially pukes if I give him treats, he loves them so much that he just wolfs them down and sometimes they come right back up...no worries

Unread 05-09-2007   #4 (permalink)
schwaebin1962

I agree with the one reader that says that the cat is just eating too fast. I do have surprises once in a while when they were out galivanting all night and then come home and scarf down the food. (They are on an automatic feeding system). So give the cat access to food and water at all times - no scraps from the table and it should diminish. If not - Plan B aka change the food. I feed a national brand and stick with it. Then you know when they are off key.

Tags
adopted , cat , cat food , cats , eating , fast , food , hey , home , morning , night , shelter , sick , vet , water , weight , weird

Sponsored Cat Links