It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-09-2007   #1 (permalink)
loz_chyna

Default Does wet cat food make cats poop more?

I am trying to tell my dad that wet cat food is better for our cats. But he is convinced that the cats will poop more (which is actually not his problem because I am the one who scoops the litter!!). How can I persuade him to switch the cats' diet to regimented canned cat food instead of free-feeding them the cheap dry food?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-09-2007   #2 (permalink)
jed b

no....and cats love it...well aleast my cat loves itjust say "some guy on yahoo said his cat did not poop and says his cat loves it"

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-09-2007   #3 (permalink)
Crazy Cat Lady >^..^<

No...Junk cat food makes cats poop too much and it makes your cats poop stink alot more..the same for cheap dry food it full of salt and makes your cat drink more water which it makes them drink more water which makes them pee more

Unread 05-09-2007   #4 (permalink)
warrior mama

canned food just adds a bit more water to their diet,, and you should not be free feeding your cats,, 1/2 cup of kibble in the am and 1/4 cup at the pm and thats it... free feeding causes obesity in cats and liver problems and urinary problems ,, talk to your vet... if your cat poops once aday then thats normal...

Unread 05-09-2007   #5 (permalink)
ponygirl

I think wet food makes a cat poop more but that's not a bad thing.Dry food without enough water can make the cat constipated.There are pros and cons to both types of food.Dry food is better for their teeth.

Unread 05-09-2007   #6 (permalink)
D_Cartwright_99

I don't know that it makes them go more, but it sure make the litter box more stinky! If you're the one that cleans it, you might want to re-think the canned food.A quality food is the best, whether wet or dry.

Tags
box , canned food , cat , cat food , cat poop , cats , diet , dry , dry food , food , free , litter , litter box , love , obesity , pee , poop , problem , problems , vet , water , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links