It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Health & Nutrition
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-09-2007   #1 (permalink)
Existentialism

Default My cat don't like to eat any food, sometimes when I give her chicken she refuses

it, what should I do? She always like to eat tuna, and I don't have much money to give her tuna permanently.!BTW She is 8 weeks old.Thanks.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-09-2007   #2 (permalink)
corinne1029

Are you giving your kitten people-food or cat food? Cats aren't supposed to eat your dinner. Try leaving out a bowl of cat food and a bowl of water where she can find them. When she gets hungry, she'll eat.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-09-2007   #3 (permalink)
aedgar821

I once noticed a woman stocking up on baby food (like chicken, beef, etc) for her cat. It's insanely cheap. I'd check w/a vet to be sure since she's so young. Good luck!

Unread 05-09-2007   #4 (permalink)
Adelle M

Your kitten should only eat dry kitten kibble. If they are really stubborn you could try dribbling a bit of tuna juice on top of the kibble to add taste. Once they eat it slowly put less juice on top and then none. They will eat the kibble sometimes it just takes a bit of time.

Unread 05-09-2007   #5 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Canned tuna should only be given in small amounts as an occasional treat. It should not replace a kitten/cats regular diet. There are many comercially produced kitten foods available. They are full of all the vitamins, minerals, protiens, fibre and fats that your growing kitten needs.
Do you have any idea of the food your kitten was weaned on? At 8 weeks your kitten may have only been eating solid food for a couple of weeks. All kittens differ, some are ready for weaning much sooner than others.
If you are worried about your cats appitite consult your vet. Your vet may be able to give you a highly appertising temperary diet to help build up your kitten.
Is your kitten otherwise well? Does it have bright clear eyes without redness or discharge. Inside its ears should look clean. Its tummy should not feel bloated unless its just had a big meal lol. Your kitten should be lively. When you look inside its mouth it should not have any sore looking patches. When your kitty uses its litter box its stools should not be runny or too dry.
I really hope your kitty is well, if not you should consult your vet. I realise it can be expensive...Unfortunately vets bills are all part of pet ownership.
Wishing you all the best,
Angelkiss x

Tags
baby , bills , bloated , box , cat , cat food , cats , clean , color , diet , dry , eating , eyes , food , hey , kitten , kittens , kitty , litter , litter box , money , ownership , pet , small , vet , water , weaned , weaning

Sponsored Cat Links