It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-10-2007   #1 (permalink)
Lib

Default Is it okay if you feed ferrets cat food?

I wanted to know because my ferrets won't eat the ferret food,but they like the cat food.They are pet ferrets.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-10-2007   #2 (permalink)
KaylaByrd

Yes, Kitten food it the best.The foods need to be high in protien.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-10-2007   #3 (permalink)
aagirly2000

DO NOT give it cat food. i think kitten is usually okCheck out this site:http://www.ehow.com/how_9462_feed-ferret.html look at step 1 and Google search stuff about ferret food and is cat/kitten food is safe

Unread 05-10-2007   #4 (permalink)
lisa c

No,that question was kind of retarded.They may like it but that does not mean it is good for them.Your ferrets must not be interested in the type of pellets you are feeding them.There are other types of ferret food in the world.Talk to your vet about which type of new food would be best for your unusual ferrets.

Unread 05-10-2007   #5 (permalink)
Elizabeth

You shouldn't feed your ferret Cat food, but kitten food is a good alternative. Cat food is harder to chew for a ferret. According to the ferrets for dummies book kitten food is ok and is just as good and sometimes better than ferret food(has a higher protein level). Most ferret foods I've found don't have a good level of protein especially the 8 in 1(would never reccommend it). Thats one of the worst ferret foods you can buy(I used to), and you can really tell by the way their poop smells more, bad smelling poop means bad food. I compared all the ferret foods they sell to the kitten food I buy and I have found none better. It's a whole lot cheaper than ferret food and is really good for them. I feed my ferrets Purina kitten chow nuturing formula. It has a very high level of protein, the necessary taurine, and the right amount of fat. It also has antioxidants which you will not find in ferret food. You can learn alot by comparing the labels of food and I would suggest you do it before you buy(not all kitten foods are good), the one I feed mine is the best. I've had my ferrets for almost a year and they are very healthy and look alot better than when I fed them the 8 in 1 ferret food.

Tags
book , cat , cat food , food , found , healthy , hey , kitten , kitten food , pet , poop , question , search , type , vet , won't eat

Sponsored Cat Links