It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-10-2007   #1 (permalink)
lc_1402

Default Important! Does your pet eat Purina cat food?

Have you found anything wrong with it lately? I have been buying it for years but the last time I bought the Chicken and Rice dry food there was a huge lump of something in the packet. I thought it was mushed stuck together biscuits but it smelt really bad and when I broke it open there were maggots in it. I have e-mailed Purina but they have not responded. Do you have any stories of your own about this brand of cat food?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-29-2008   #2 (permalink)
spencergo

Thumbs down MAGGOTS in PURINA cat food FRISKIES BEWARE!! PLEASE RESPOND

I bought a PURINA FRISKIES VARIETY 24 pack 5.5 ounce cans at PETCO. Ten days ago.
I found that my cat would not eat this food. I threw out two bowls of food before opening a third can, then I saw the maggots in the food. I decided to open a fourth can and found more maggots. I froze the remaining cans and the box, to show to an entomologist to discover why maggots are in the food.

ABOUT PURINA
PURINA offered to come and get the food and give me a refund. FAT CHANCE!! PURINA refuses to accept responsibility. They claim their food is cooked at too high a temperature and maggots could not survive. They claim that the maggots came from flies that were likely present when the product was shipped and that the cans must have been "thrown around" breaking the seals. Why would anyone make a product that has seals that break this easily inviting maggots? Why are all of my cans infested rather than one can ? All the cans are sealed.
The chances of all cans breaking in shipping is slim to none. This is a cover up...PURINA says that "the maggots will not harm your cat"..how do they know so much about maggots? They hadn't seen the maggots of which there are many many varieties. After doing some research they are covering up the fact that ingesting maggots, can in fact, cause several feline problems some even result in eventual death.
Look online for more information on maggots and their varieties. Purina has a bad batch of cat food out there and they are covering it up for profit. Lets call for an all out boycott of this company's products. I am willing to open the remaining frozen cans on National Television in the interest of pet lovers that do care. Any help is welcome to stop this profiteering giant who headquarters are not even in the US. They need to be stopped.

PETCO
I had better luck with Petco where I bought the food. They checked all their shelves and pulled the remaining cases of PURINA food. I am told by corporate that PURINA does not allow complaints from vendors only from consumers and I should ask for a copy of my complaint. PURINA will not provide anything they do however tape all conversations. I told Petco that I am not the first one to find the maggots and they should stop buying PURINA products. The corporate office is supposed to call me.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-30-2008   #3 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

That is shocking.Take them all the way.xxxxx
Unread 08-31-2008   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

I currently have Purina's Cat Chow big bag but it is Okay, no signs of any maggot.
I also bought yesterday Friskies. We'll see when opened...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 10-17-2008   #5 (permalink)
masterid

Smile No.1_FEEDER

For the past 75 years, i've used our knowledge and expertise to give pet owners the healthy pet food, products, tools and advice they need to help enrich their pets' lives.

i found the pet food information, training tips and health care facts you need to provide a healthy, loving home for your pet.

Last edited by masterid; 10-17-2008 at 07:12 AM.

Tags
advice , box , care , cat , cat food , dry , dry food , facts , food , found , healthy , hey , home , lovers , loving , pet , pet food , present , problems , stop , stories , television , tips , training

Sponsored Cat Links