It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-11-2007   #1 (permalink)
ar106

Default My Sassy...

Hi.
I'm new here.
My Sassy's behaviour has changed this afternoon. She is usually very loving and runs to me when she sees me.
She is 1 year old.
Earlier tonight, I found her just sitting in a place and didn't want to move. She usually comes running when I feed her and her 2 siblings. I carried her and it sounded like she was in pain. She doesn't have a fever but didn't eat.
She did eat this morning. We've been having lots of rain so could it be that she has a cold? She is alert.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Angie

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-11-2007   #2 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Sorry to hear about Sassy. Has she got access to the outside? Could she have had an accident outside? I would get her checked out by a vet straight away. Have a look at her gums, if they are very pale your cat could be in shock.
If she is an indoor cat, is she using her litter tray? Maybe she has a blockage which is making her feel unwell. It could be a hairball, if she is a bit blocked up her temperature will be raised (you can sometimes tell a cat has a higher temp as thier nose and inside thier ears can deepen in colour). If Sassy has a temperature this could put her off her food.
In any case I would seek out your vets advise...It is better to be safe than sorry. All the best,
Angelkiss x

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-11-2007   #3 (permalink)
ar106

Default Thanks...

for your response. She seems to be doing better today. I called the vet but they had no openings until tomorrow, Saturday morning.
She is eating, alert and seems to be more herself.
Thanks .

Unread 05-11-2007   #4 (permalink)
Angelkiss

I am so pleased Sassy is feeling a bit better. Maybe she was having an off day. We all have days when we don't feel 100%. Its always best to get your vets oppinion. Wishing you and Sassy well,
Angelkiss x

Unread 05-12-2007   #5 (permalink)
ar106

Default Angelkiss...

I took her to the vet today and it was sort of good news.
She didn't have a fever, they tested her for Feline Leukemia and FIV and tested negative to both.
The only thing the vet said is that she might have taken a bad fall or fight. She gave her a shot of antibiotics and gave me the Amoxilin to give her.
She tried to listen to her heart to see if there might something wrong but said that she was purring so loud that she couldn't hear her heart!
She said that it was good, because it was the sound of a happy kitty!
She did say that she was concerned about her breathing but to me, it looks the same always and as well as Mixy and Tonky.
So in all, I think that she is fine. She told me that if I notice that she is still looking sick, to take her in for x-rays on Monday.
Thanks.

Unread 05-13-2007   #6 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Its good to hear there is nothing serious wrong with Sassy. Her breathing might have been a little more rapid at the vets as they often feel a little more stressy there. They often purr load to comfort themselves purring is not always a sign of contentment.
I have my fingers crossed that she has fully recovered and does not need the xrays. If you are in any doubt , take her , better safe than sorry.
All the best,
Angelkiss x

Unread 05-13-2007   #7 (permalink)
ar106

Arrow Hi

Hi.
She does look fine but I am not 100% satisfied that she is ok.
She is not as playful as normal, although she isn't just there like the night I noticed it.
I noticed her that she has a little difficulty swallowing but I saw the same with my other two kittys.
Thanks for replying.
Angie

Unread 05-16-2007   #8 (permalink)
ar106

Unhappy Angelkiss

I want to thank you for replying to my post.
I want to let you know that my Sweet Sassy passed away this morning.
It is so difficult and I miss her so much.
Thanks.
Angie

Unread 05-17-2007   #9 (permalink)
Angelkiss

Angie
I am so very sorry to hear about Sassy . Sometimes no matter what you do you cannot help. I really feel for you. I lost one of my cats in January, I had only had her a short time, but the feeling of helplessness when she fell ill was overwhelming. I am sure you hold many fond memories of Sassy. Your life and hers was so much happier because you loved her and I am sure she knew it.
Take care Angie (keep an eye on the other cats as they feel greif too!)
Thinking of you,
Angelkiss x

Unread 05-17-2007   #10 (permalink)
ar106

Unhappy Thank you...

I am very sorry about your loss too.
I know and want to be here for Sassy's brother and sister (Tonky and Mixy) but it is so hard. I see them and immediately think of her.
I love them all so much but Sassy was Sassy. She was so loving always wanting to be with me. She'd climb into my lap purring and meowing so cheerfully.
Thanks for understanding and letting me talk.
Angie

Tags
angry , antibiotics , behaviour , breathing , brother and sister , care , cat , cats , changed , cold , color , eating , eye , fever , fight , fiv , food , found , happy , hey , indoor , kitty , litter , loss , lost , love , loving , mat , meowing , morning , night , nose , paw , pictures , print , siblings , sick , vet

Sponsored Cat Links