It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-12-2007   #1 (permalink)
skaterj9367

Default can u refrigerate wet cat food that is open?

i heard wet cat food spoils within 2-3 hrs. could i refrigerate it to slow to spoiling

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-12-2007   #2 (permalink)
Melissa78

Yes of course! I do that with all my wet animal food! As long as they eat the rest within a day or two it should be fine.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-12-2007   #3 (permalink)
wildbill05733

Yes, but cover it so it dosn't dry out.

Unread 05-12-2007   #4 (permalink)
my3mohrkids

Yes you can refrigerate for up to 24 hours.

Unread 05-12-2007   #5 (permalink)
psycho_majic_666

Yes that might keep it fresh but some cats don't like cold food.This could be because of sensetive teeth or just because they're picky.I feed mine crunchy food (the best I think is ONE) & use wet food as a treat.Dry food is better for their teeth also.

Unread 05-12-2007   #6 (permalink)
♥I dunno♥

yeah sure, just not for like 30 days, for like up to a day, you should give your cat fresh food

Unread 05-12-2007   #7 (permalink)
rebelrose2480

First I gotta say its a myth that dry food is better for cats teeth. An all wet or wet/dry combo is much much better for cats.That being said yes you can refrig. canned food. Just be sure to put a lid on it. Also like someone said alot of cats don't like cold food. So you can put the food in the bowl, put in microwave for 10 sec., stir and serve. Thats what we do for our kitty.

Unread 05-12-2007   #8 (permalink)
The reason I'm mad

yes you can, if you feed your cat a half a can in the morning and a half a can at night you can refrigerate it so it won't spoil. Buy at the local store a lid for the can, it cost about 1 dollar and it will keep the food sealed. Take the food out of the fridge about a half an hour before you feed your pet, if it's really hot maybe 15 minutes. Cats hate cold and hot food, so be a good pal and get the food at room temperature before you feed kitty.

Unread 05-12-2007   #9 (permalink)
avril r

sure, but you have to use it in a day or two. plus you have to cover it

Unread 05-12-2007   #10 (permalink)
tongueincheek

yes i do i put a plastic lid on it that i bought from pet store

Tags
animal , canned food , cat , cat food , cats , cold , dry , dry food , food , hey , kitty , morning , night , pet , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links