It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-13-2007   #1 (permalink)
fayz

Default my kitten at 7 months old refuses to eat any kind of cat food - i have tried

every flavour and brand? bobbyjoe just refuses to eat cat food / biscuits. he will eat puppy biscuits/ cooked chicken and some fish - he is quit partial to omlet or cauliflour cheese!He is a ferral kitten and i have had him since 9wks old - i have had cats all my life and he takes the biscuit - or not - whatever the case may be - CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP OR ADVISE? I AM WORRIED ABOUT HIS BONES AND NUTRITION!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-13-2007   #2 (permalink)
Lorraine

Take your pet to a vet!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-13-2007   #3 (permalink)
sunny w

He will eat cat food when there is nothing else to eat. There is nothing wrong with cooking for him if you enjoy it. You can purchase vitamins and supplement for him at the pet store.Good luck

Unread 05-13-2007   #4 (permalink)
Katie85

As he is still a kitten he should not be too set in his ways so you should be able to put him on cat food (wet or dry) but you may have to stick to your guns and not feed him anything other than cat food for a few days. All cat food is made with all the essential vitamins, nutrients etc that they need and they may not get the correct things, so like suggested before you could buy vitamins to suppliment his diet and as he is still a kitten he should proably be eating kitten food.

What kind of food is he wanting to eat? If it just cooked eats and scrabled eggs and things you could possibly mix these with dry food.

If in any doubt take him to the vet and they may offer you an alternative food to try.

Unread 05-13-2007   #5 (permalink)
sillybuttmunky

Cats can be rather finicky - I have a kittie who only eats dog liver treats when she wants a goodie. What I'd recommend doing if you haven't already is to get a full check up from the vet. He may need a special prescription cat food for a while due to liver, kidney or digestional problems.If not then I'd go for a higher premium brand of cat food. They are much more appealing to cats, and much better for them. If he refuses to eat JUST the dry (which is what I'd recommend for healthy teeth) mix a little chicken or beef broth in there, put it in the microwave for a bit (not to hot) and feed him then. It brings out the aroma making it very alluring. It smells and tastes like chicken or beef.Becareful about switching brands to much it can make any animal, cat or dog sick trying to adjust. Stick to a good brand - Nutro, Authority, etc. No Friskies, or Meow Mix! Make sure the ingrediants are all natural w/ no by products.Good Luck

Unread 05-13-2007   #6 (permalink)
kookie

Take the animal to the vets as there may be some kind of internal problem, just put down a food and leave it there and let him come to it because cats are a fussy eater anyway. my two kittens are on Royal Cannin kitten biscuits because they are best for them and kittens prefer to eat smaller biscuits rather than meat.

Tags
animal , cat , cat food , cats , diet , dog , dry , dry food , eating , fish , food , healthy , hey , joy , kitten , kitten food , kittens , meow , natural , nutrition , pet , problem , problems , puppy , royal , sick , vet

Sponsored Cat Links