It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Health & Nutrition
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-13-2007   #1 (permalink)
Honeyspice13

Default I think my cat's a vegitarian, she doesn't eat her meat based cat foods, any...

...suggestions?? I had her on the green medley soft food by purina, but I'm scared to feed her anymore comercialized pet foods. I know she's not getting enough to eat but I don't know what else to give her as food. I heard you could make your own cat food, any vegitarian recipes anyone has to share?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-13-2007   #2 (permalink)
Chris *

Cats, like people have taste buds, I would try another quality organic pet food, you will eventually find one that she likes.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-13-2007   #3 (permalink)
megglez

Cats need taurine in their diet, a nutrient only found in meat.

Unread 05-13-2007   #4 (permalink)
NYkool

Get some chicken livers at the grocery store and carrots and peas and chop the chicken livers into bite size morsels and cook the carrots till crisp tender (not mushy) and then chop those too - combine the three and the cat will love it. We chop the livers with scissors. You just snip them into small bites and leave them raw or cook them if you prefer - note: cat likes raw better. Cats do love vegetables. we had one cat that would go to the garden and pick and shuck and eat corn, then grab a tomato and eat that and would eat any vegetable we gave it. It was the most fun to see "Blue" pick her own dinner though.

Unread 05-13-2007   #5 (permalink)
Peekablue

Cats require meat for proper nutrition. They must have an amino acid (I think it's an amino acid), called Taurine, that is found in meat (not fish). This is essential.

Unread 05-13-2007   #6 (permalink)
♥sunflower♥

cats need to eat me.try another brand of cat food for her.

Unread 05-13-2007   #7 (permalink)
fallstaff

give her fresh meat for a while

Unread 05-13-2007   #8 (permalink)
bouncybaby

chocolate mice,lol, oj.

Tags
bite , bites , cat , cat food , cat's , cats , diet , fish , food , found , fun , hey , love , nutrition , pet , pet food , raw , scared , small , suggestions

Sponsored Cat Links