It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Health & Nutrition
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-14-2007   #1 (permalink)
justn23

Default How do I stop my cat from shedding w/out putting anything in her food or medication.?

I'm just looking for an easy way to cut back the shedding my cat does. She's so old that I don't want to change or tamper with her food at all

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-14-2007   #2 (permalink)
pinksillysock

You cant but what I do is i take my cat outside on her leash and I have this fantastic rubber like brush and take off all the loose hair and let it fly!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-14-2007   #3 (permalink)
Aki

Just remember this: if it has fur, it will shed.The only way I can think of is to brush her a lot. I'm sure she'll love the extra grooming :3

Unread 05-14-2007   #4 (permalink)
Hunters R Cowards!

Cats shed. You can try brushing her more to pull out the hair in a controlled manner. Also, if she not already inside 100%, being her in. She may not feel the need to build up a furry coat if she's kept in a stable, safe environment. Shedding can also be a sign of a stress or illness. Be sure to check with your vet to ensure that there is nothing medical or mental creating the problem. Good luck to you! : )

Unread 05-14-2007   #5 (permalink)
joshp.rocks

shave that cat bald.now.

Unread 05-14-2007   #6 (permalink)
dave.30120

You cannot stop your cat from shedding her fur. This is a natural process . The only way to temporally stop her from shedding her fur is to have her fur completely shaved off. That may kill her from the stress that she would suffer plus that is very cruel to shave all of her fur . Cats are proud of there fur and she would become very depressed if her fur was gone . It might even kill her , that is the stress of having no fur plus being shaved at the groomers . It would be better to put her down then have all her hair removed . Once again their is know way to cut back on her shedding fur . I rescue cats plus I have had cats for over 40 plus years .

Unread 05-14-2007   #7 (permalink)
treetopteresa

The only thing I can suggest other than feeding her a high quality organic food is to brush her. Brushing removes the excess loose hair.

Tags
cat , cats , cut , depressed , environment , food , fur , grooming , love , medical , natural , problem , rescue , stop , stress , vet

Sponsored Cat Links