It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Health & Nutrition
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-14-2007   #1 (permalink)
hehsoos

Default Cats don't have 'owners', they merely migrate towards wherever the food comes from.?

Probably more like wherever the best food is getting served. Time after time I hear about people losing 'their' cats only to find that a neighbour has gained one! If 'your' cat is getting a diet of the same old drudgery everyday, watchout because its gonny leave you. The guy down the road is serving up homemade duck liver pate and fois gras and hes gunning on a new pal.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-14-2007   #2 (permalink)
CrazyCarl

Dogs have owners, cats have staff.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-14-2007   #3 (permalink)
jonny

True, I just don't see cats getting attached like a dog would.

Unread 05-14-2007   #4 (permalink)
lucasone

Yea it's true

Unread 05-14-2007   #5 (permalink)
rockinkarterchick

My cat won't go by anyone else in the house except for me. I'm not the one who feeds him either, the second I leave the room he meows like mad. So at least my cats get attached to people.

Unread 05-14-2007   #6 (permalink)
jc_dentonxd

Okay, if that's true... why does my Cat pester me all day long for affection if he merely wants food? I've never fed him once in my life and he knows he gets his food off my other half. He's part of the family and clearly shares a bond with all of us which extends far beyond the base need of food. The guy who you gave the best answer to in your other question is talking out of his @rse and obviously knows nothing about animals. So it wasn't the best idea to make a new question based solely on his moronic answer.

Unread 05-14-2007   #7 (permalink)
Oaki

Cats are the owner..we are the PETS.

Unread 05-14-2007   #8 (permalink)
cabron o

The cat is considered an animal into the wild life, so legally you can't own a cat. Emotionally, cats are attached to nothing not even good food. The next is what cats think of their "OWNERS"Diary of a CatDAY 752My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from shredding the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant and cough it up on the carpeting.DAY 761Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair...must try this on their bed (again).DAY 762Slept all day so that I could annoy my captors with sleep depriving, incessant pleas for food at ungodly hours of the night.DAY 765Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was ... Hmmm. Not working according to plan.DAY 768I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth and the tiny bit of flesh under my claws.DAY 771There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer." More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.DAY 774I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The Bird on the other hand has got to be an informant. He has mastered their frightful tongue (something akin to mole speak) and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured.But I can wait, it is only a matter of time.Graphics by:Site Meter

www.sunflower.com

Unread 05-14-2007   #9 (permalink)
angelpants

i know my cat loves his family - he hisses at other people but with us he's...... well, a puddy* cat ) *can you believe we're not allowed to type that word !!?

Unread 05-14-2007   #10 (permalink)
Carolanne M

I had an indoor/outdoor cat once who was two-timing us. He would come home for a couple days then disappear. One day a neighbor came by and knocked on the people upstairs' door and asked if they had seen his cat. He then described OUR cat. We moved and decided our two-timer could go live with his new family. My current cat is a spoiled little brat, so I'm pretty sure she'll never run away.

Tags
age , allergies , animal , cat , cats , claws , diet , dog , dogs , dry , family , food , fur , furniture , happy , hey , home , house , indoor , mat , mouse , night , outdoor , question , sick , sleep , smell , type , vomit , water , wild

Sponsored Cat Links