It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Health & Nutrition
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-14-2007   #1 (permalink)
pink6flamingo

Default Can you tell me if it is okay to feed my cat friskies wet food and the fancy feast.?

Can you tell me if it is okay to feed my cat friskies wet food and the fancy feast.?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-15-2007   #2 (permalink)
Clover16

I fed my cats Fancy Feast for years and they really liked it. And there is the plus that it isn't on the tainted food recall list. But the problem with it is that it contains mainly by-products. I'm not a nutritionist or anything but in my personal opinion I think if your budget can handle it your cats would be much better off if you fed them a food that doesn't contain by-products. There are several on the market. If you decide you want to try that route try Googling the subject. I have 2 senior cats which I feed mostly Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance wet food (NOT the one with venison) and Wellness wet food, also Merrick occasionally. They also like Nutro Max Senior Dry food (which thankfully is not on the list). I'd rather feed them a grain free dry food but they've gotten more finicky in their old age and this is the only one they really like now.
Hope the helps.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-16-2007   #3 (permalink)
marticat

Smile What to feed your cat

I have had cats for many years and I also show them in CFA. I feed mine Natural Balance (dry) and as a treat about 3 times a week I feed them Wellness (dry). using Wellness as a treat serves 2 purposes, they love having a treat different from their regular food because cats like a little variety. Also, since it is not truly a treat with extra fat and calories, I don't have to worry about weight gain, just good nutrition. Just for a suggestion, it is a good idea to give cats wet food a couple times a week because it gives them a large amount of protein, which is necessary since cats are carnivores. I give mine 9 lives and Fancy Feast. Do not feed them a diet of only wet food because it is bad for their teeth and very high in calories. An Over weight cat can end up with a lot of health problems. Since I show my cats, they have to be at optimal weight. I like Natural Balance and Wellness because it has no by-products, soy,wheat gluten or corn meal........these are bad for cats and the gluten is what has caused the recall of many brands.
I hope this is helpful.

Tags
age , car , cat , cats , diet , dry , dry food , food , free , health , hey , love , natural , nutrition , opinion , problem , problems , senior , weight , wet food , worry

Sponsored Cat Links