It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-15-2007   #1 (permalink)
na-na

Default could the oil the tuna made her sick or the can of cat food?

My Kitty Started Throwing Up To Day I Gave Her The Oil Off The Tuna In The Can Last Night I Am So Scared I Don,t Want My Cat To Die My Daughter Gave Her Gave Her A Can Of Friskie Cat Food I Didn,t Know She Did Was This Cat Food The One That Had The Poison In It Could This Made Her Sick Or The Tuna Fish

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-15-2007   #2 (permalink)
NuncProTunc

We feed our cat tuna all the time-but tuna in water not the oil. I doubt it is the tuna.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-15-2007   #3 (permalink)
The Big Shot

Obviously this has to be a sick joke. No one would be dumb enough to give their cat tuna oil. Some people give cats tuna and the water, but not oil. People would not be so stupid as to give their cats poisoned food either.If you really are an idiot, do something smart and take your cat to the vet.

Unread 05-15-2007   #4 (permalink)
Sara B

It probably made her sick if she's not used to eating different foods. You can check the list of recalled foods on the FDA website. A word of caution though-- tuna is a great treat but shouldn't be fed every day as it breaks down taurine, an essential amino acid that cats need for heart & eye health.

www.fda.gov

Unread 05-15-2007   #5 (permalink)
Emily F

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't of been the oil, fish oil is good for cats and their coats. Was she repeatedly throwing up? She might of just eaten something that disagreed with her that she ate off the ground. Do you have rat poison around? She might of left home and eaten something else. If she keeps being sick take her to the vets but I'd say if she doesn't she probably got rid of whatever was wrong. Nine lives right?!

Unread 05-15-2007   #6 (permalink)
Eye of Ra

they usually prefer tuna in water over oil, but usually don't eat enough of one in oil to make sick, yeah mine have thrown up before after eating tuna, usually because they overeat and freak out at the sound of tuna can being opened, tuna not good to allow them to eat too much, and i usually don't give mine tuna at all anymore, no matter how much they freak out when i open a can (don't feed myself tuna too much anymore either because of mercury)i don't give them tuna either because then they become dependent on it and want only tuna over cat food, if feed tuna buy like 9 lives tuna or something more well balanceda good thing to give them, they like, is white meat chicken, but again don't let overeat or throw up

Unread 05-15-2007   #7 (permalink)
jessicareilly

I would say the cat food the tuna oil is very good for the kitten makes their fur shinny!

Unread 05-15-2007   #8 (permalink)
dsggirl_atl

yes def.....oil is a contaminant to ur cat.....tuna in water is the closest taste of natural tuna....no more oil for ur cats belly

Tags
belly , cat , cat food , cats , eating , eye , fish , food , fur , great , health , hey , home , joke , kitten , kitty , mat , natural , night , poison , scared , sick , smart , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links