It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-15-2007   #1 (permalink)
Sarahrahrahrahrah

Default Who could be stealing the cat food?

we keep my cats bowl and this bucket thing filled with food in the garage so she can get too it through the doggy door and be somewhere pretty warm without making a mess or anything inside the house.yesterday my dad went to the garage in the morning to feed the cat and there was cat food all over the floor and the bucket was on its side. he cleaned it up and that night he put duct tape on the lid because he thought maybe our cat accidentally knocked it over.today the duct tape was ripped off very crudely and the food was on the floor again.there is a doggy door into our garage always open but the back door and garage door are always locked at night.my dad thinks its a raccoon or the neighbor cats. i have no idea what it could be. who do you think it is and how can we stop it?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-15-2007   #2 (permalink)
Lonely

my guess would probably be racoons.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-15-2007   #3 (permalink)
a10cowgirl

It's probably raccoons or possums. They are cleaver and will go to any length to get to food, especially dog or cat food. Put the food in a container with a better lid and keep it up on a shelf. Better yet, keep it in the house. Put the cat food up also. It may not take them too long to find it again. This is a problem in urban areas now. The best thing is to not leave any cat or dog food outside. Bring the animal in to feed and water inside the house.

Unread 05-15-2007   #4 (permalink)
PEGGY S

Mice, squirrel, raccoons, other cats. Best to put into an air tight container that does not allow the order to escape.Mine was opened by mice.

Unread 05-15-2007   #5 (permalink)
d4d9er

I agree with the raccoon idea, since they are prone to getting things open that are not locked down and leave a mess. Garbage cans get tipped over and just the best nutritional stuff gets eaten. Which leaves your pet with the stale stuff.

Unread 05-15-2007   #6 (permalink)
breakable

I thought raccoon immediately too. Because of the racoons and oppossums in the neighborhood (you never see them because they wander at night) I feed my cats inside only.

Unread 05-15-2007   #7 (permalink)
Sharon S

It could be raccoons, other cats or other creatures like opposums who also like cat food. The door says to any creature that size come and get it.

Unread 05-15-2007   #8 (permalink)
sloegin

Raccoons or possums are notorious for this.

Unread 05-15-2007   #9 (permalink)
sherri

Lightbulb

i agree, possums, coons, or even a dog...or a pack, if you have a video camera, set it up to tape, you have me curious..let us know if you find out...

Unread 05-15-2007   #10 (permalink)
sherri

Exclamation

oh, make sure the cat is inside at night, and start locking the doggy door...other animals carry rabies, and you wouldn't want your cat to run into any of them...you definately wouldn't want to run into them either..it is rabies season..take care, and protect your kitty..

Tags
animal , art , camera , care , cat , cat food , cats , color , dog , food , hey , house , kitty , mess , morning , night , pet , problem , rabies , stealing , stop , video , video camera , water

Sponsored Cat Links