It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Health & Nutrition
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-15-2007   #1 (permalink)
Ada

Default Is it OK to leave my cat alone in the apartment for 3 days and 4 nights, if I...

...leave enough food and water? If I leave enough food and water, and a clean litter box, is my cat going to be OK being home alone?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-15-2007   #2 (permalink)
Levity

I'm told it's a good method of making a cat rug

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-15-2007   #3 (permalink)
o0hhdangletzbang

personally, i`d see if you could get somebody to check on him/her because even though you might think you left enough food or water, who knows what can happen? you`d be playing it saft to have somebody check up on him/her.

Unread 05-15-2007   #4 (permalink)
Erin C

I've left my six cats alone while in Maui for 10 days. The place stunk to high heaven but they were all still alive and well because I had left tons of food and water out for them.

Unread 05-15-2007   #5 (permalink)
dawifeski

we leave our cat alone for up to 5 days when we go on trips and she's fine along as we leave the radio on. something like soft rock or classical otherwise she tears at the furniture and carpet with her claws and teeth and eats all her food in the first day.

Unread 05-15-2007   #6 (permalink)
P Funk

jenn says cats love to have the house alone.she can read cats minds?

Unread 05-15-2007   #7 (permalink)
sybil_the_soothsayer

Have someone come by and check on the cat.

Unread 05-15-2007   #8 (permalink)
WynterSky

As long as there is a enough food, water, the litter box is clean, and there is enough things to distract them (so they dont claw your stuff to death) I wouldn't worry about it.I wold also have someone come around to check on them.

Unread 05-15-2007   #9 (permalink)
roastkip

that's not cool. your cat needs and deserves to be treated well. its not like leaving a holiday block for a fish.a litter box will not be clean after 1 day. the cat will probably start to get distressed using a dirty box for 2 nights, let alone 3.love and respect your cat.

Unread 05-15-2007   #10 (permalink)
Dog Mama

Cats ususally do very well when left alone for a few days. However, I would recommend putting out an extra litter box, (you can buy disposable ones that come with the litter in it) and use one of those food and water dispensing bowls - So they do not knock over the water. Make sure you have a back up plan if you get delayed in coming home - someone you can call to go and check on the cats, and replenish food and water and another litter box if need be.

Tags
angry , apartment , art , box , carpet , cat , cat needs , cats , claws , clean , color , cool , dogs , fish , food , fur , furniture , hey , holiday , home , home alone , house , litter , litter box , love , mat , nice , night , pet , playing , problem , sleep , upset , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links