It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-15-2007   #1 (permalink)
bookfreak2day

Default Has anyone's cat gotten sick from eating "Purina's Indoor Formula Cat Food" ?

If so what were their symptoms.I recently bought a new bag. My cat has been throwing up for two days. She seems back to normal this morning. We have to be cautious.It's Saturday morning and she's throwing up again after eating the same food. I'm off to the store to get a bag of regular Purina Cat Chow,

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-15-2007   #2 (permalink)
Codyluvr1017

no but i have had my cat get sick from eating other objects, like parts of nerf balls, hair bands, cotton balls...... the symptoms he had were throwing up, he wasn't active at all, he kind of went off into his own little corner and wasn't very social, and my cat loves absolutely everyone! except my dog Gracie

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-15-2007   #3 (permalink)
sherri

Exclamation

all 4 of my cats eat it, and no one has gotten ill from it, the vomiting may be caused by something else, could she have gotten ahold of anything, cats sometimes will play with something, then eat it...if she's still vomiting, call your vet, i'd give it a day, if she's not better..it could be something serious....keep us posted...don't like seeing ill pets..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfreak2day View Post
If so what were their symptoms.I recently bought a new bag. My cat has been throwing up for two days. She seems back to normal this morning. We have to be cautious.It's Saturday morning and she's throwing up again after eating the same food. I'm off to the store to get a bag of regular Purina Cat Chow,

Unread 02-16-2009   #4 (permalink)
Katarina

Default It makes me puke!!!!

Yesterday, my human filled my feeder thing with PCC IF, and within 20 minutes I started puking all over his carpet. I made him dump it back in the bag and get his money back.

I have been eating Meow Mix Original Choice, which only occasionally upsets my tummy. The last time I puked was over a month ago. I blame that one on the fact that my litter box was starting to stink.

I'm surprised this thread is nearly two years old! Purina apparently hasn't changed the formula or even the picture on the bag, and it's still making us poor kitties puke.

Unread 02-16-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Smile

I fed my kits approx. 3 months ago with PCC IF & nothing happened...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-16-2009   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cheeky
Max24 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

All 5 of mine eat it. I switched just two months ago after one of my cats died. They had all been eating Urinary Tract formula because Hannah needed to eat that.

I have the occasional vomit, but that's usually from eating too fast or too much. (Baybee cat, if you are reading this - Yes, Meowmie is talking about you).

Maybe your cat needs to adjust to it. I highly doubt there is anything wrong with the food.

Let us know how you make out.

And the Bridge Kids...♥♥♥Abbey, TC, Burger, Bella, Cali, Sarah, Hannah, DynahKathryn, Baybee and Puppy♥♥♥
Unread 02-17-2009   #7 (permalink)
Katarina

Default Sulfite alergy?

My human vomits when I feed it human chow with too much sulfites in it. Maybe I, too, am alergic to sulfites. Sodium bisulfite is listed in the ingredients of both my old kibble and the new stuff, so it might just be a matter of quantity.

I could let my human change my diet gradually, but I don't think I'm willing to take the chance. It better get its money back and bring me something I like, or its fired! Anyway, I'm tired of my human always getting the cheapest brands on the market.

Unread 02-17-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Maybe you're a spoilt cat...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-17-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

some foods just don't agree with some cats.or

It may be the OP made the transition too fast. changed food should be done over several weeks adding a little more of the new, and slightly less of the old, very slowly until the change is complete.

Probiotics can be helpful when changing foods too. Look for probios, benebac or fortiflora.

please read this first
Unread 03-14-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Default Purina Indoor Food

What ?! No kidding ! Two days ago I just bought a bag of it... I need to keep an eye on my three little bundles, I guess. And I'd like to suggest that you switch to other brand, vet prescribed is better, if sensitive weak stomach is the case ...

Tags
addition , box , carpet , cat , cat food , cat needs , cats , changed , color , diet , dog , dry , dry food , eating , eye , fast , food , hey , house , indoor , kitties , litter , litter box , mat , meow , money , morning , oops , petsmart , picture , play , poo , puking , sick , smart , social , transition , vet , vomit , vomiting

Sponsored Cat Links